- Google recently rolled out the Locked Folder feature on Pixel devices.
- You can save photos and videos in the Locked Folder to hide them from others.
- The Feature will roll out “soon” to Android phones running Android 6.0 or later.
Google Photos has introduced various new features to help users revisit memories and even safeguard select pictures. During the ongoing Google I/O, the tech giant revealed all the new changes that will be introduced on the Photos application. The idea is to keep sensitive photos off your camera reel so you don’t have to worry about showing them to someone you didn’t mean to while scrolling through other pictures.
If you wish to move photos and videos from the Trash to the Locked Folder, you will need to first restore them and then follow the steps given above. The Locked Folder will be accessible only with people you have shared your screen lock with. The private collection can be accessed from the “Library” tab > “Utilities” (at the top-right corner) > “Locked Folder” (near the bottom).
How to set up Google Photos locked folder on Android devices?
- On your device, open Google Photos.
- Go to Library at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on Utilities and look for Locked Folder.
- Click on ‘Set up Locked Folder’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to unlock your device. If your folder is empty, you’ll find “Nothing here yet.”
- Your device must have the screen lock set up, else you will have to set it up first and then create the Locked Folder.
- Thereafter, you will be able to select and add images to the locked folder which will not be visible in the gallery.
You can also choose to directly save your photos to the Locked Folder by following the simple steps given below-
- Open the camera app on your device.
- On the top right corner, tap on Photo Gallery and then Locked Folder.
- You can now click a picture and it will get saved to the Locked Folder.
Google says the Photos Locked Folder is rolling out “soon” to devices running Android 6.0 Marshmallow and newer. Once live, users will get a “Set up Locked Folder” notification from the Photos app.
Thanks for Reading!!