Micromax’s so called superphone ninja A50 has finally received root method. One of the androidforums member Varun Chitre has come up with an excellent root method which helps you to root Micromax A50 securely. So, if you have got this punk, get ready to root it.
Before you proceed
- This will void you warranty.
- Your phone should be charged atleast 60%(more than that is expected).
- You are following this tutorial on your own risk and androidplus is not responsible for damage that may cause to your device.
Download and setup following files
Root Micromax A50
- Extract all the files from .rar you just download. It should probably look like this.
- Now, extract mt65x3-usb-vcom-drivers and open & run InstallDriver.exe. This will install appropriate drivers required for rooting.(If you are running windows 64 then open installdrv64.exe)
- Now extract SP Flast Tool in new folder.
- Open unlockroot and install it. This is the software you will use to root Micromax A50.
- Open SP Flash Tool and choose Select file > Open scatter loading file and select MT6573_Android_scatter.txt and uncheck everything on the list
- Ignore any error that will pop up
- Single click on BOOTIMG and select boot.img provided in the package
- Take out the battery, put it back and without turning on the device connect it to your PC with the USB cable without pressing any button on the phone. Now windows should find the drivers and install it. After drivers are installed, unplug the cable from your phone. Take out the battery from the phone and put it back again. Do not switch on.
- Once you are done, Hit F9 or click on download button.
- Then under 15 seconds connect your phone to PC.
- This will download bootimg(pop up box will show progress of download)
- Now that you’ve successfully flashed the boot.img,Unplug your phone, take the battery out, put it back and start the phone normally as you do. Let it fully boot.
- Now your device is ready to root! In your device Do the following
Go to settings->Applications->Check unknown sources.
Go to settings->Applications->Development->Check USB Debugging.
- Now you need to install ADB Drivers,First Extract ‘usb_driver.zip’.
- To install ADB Drivers, plug in your device to your PC,without turning it off and do not mount SD Card.
- When you plug in, windows will try to find drivers for “MICROMAX A50” and will simply fail. Don’t freak out.
- Now go to Device Manager From Start Menu, right click on ‘Micromax A50’ and click ‘Update Driver Software‘.
- On the new window, click ‘Browse my computer for driver software‘, then click ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer‘. Click ‘Have Disk‘. On the new Pop-up window, click ‘Browse‘ and select ‘android_winusb.inf‘ from the folder you extracted from ‘usb_driver.zip‘.Now, from the list, select Android ADB interface and click next.
- A Warning will pop up saying “Would you like to install this device driver software. Click Install and the drivers will be installed.
- Open unlock root on your PC and click on ROOT! The program will root your device. When finished, it will ask you to restart your phone. So switch it off and switch it on again.
- Now go through your app-drawer, you should find an application called Superuser.If you do,then your device has been rooted!