Sony Xperia ZR is one of the wonderful Android smartphone Sony recently released. This is a 4.55 inch screen smartphone which comes with powerful Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5GHz quad-core processor. Sony Xperia ZR is the first Android smartphone which is waterproof and dust resistance and also capable of taking HD videos even under the water.
Let’s take a look on the specifications of the Sony Xperia ZR before we proceed to the tutorial Root Sony Xperia ZR, or Just skip and go directly to the tutorial below.
Sony Xperia ZR Specs
- Colors: Black, white, pink, blue
- Processor: Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5GHz quad-core
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064
- CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
- GPU: Adreno 320
- RAM: 2 GB
- Dimensions: 5.15 x 2.63 x 0.40 inches
- Weight: 138 grams
- OS: Android 4.1.2 (upgrade to 4.2 available), Xperia UI
- Cameras: VGA front facing, 13.1 megapixel rear facing
- Display: 4.55 inch TFT capacitive screen, 16 million colours, 1280 x 720 pixels, 323ppi
- Storage: 8 GB onboard, expandable with microSD (up to 64 GB)
- Connectivity: aGPS, Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology, NFC, Wi-Fi and WiFi Hotspot functionality
- Networks: UMTS HSPA+ 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) Mhz (not available in all markets), UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) (not available in all markets), GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- Battery: 2300mAh removable unit
- Waterproofing and dust resistance: IP58 certification for water and dust resistance
Now Let’s Get to the real business.
Before You Root Sony Xperia ZR
Before we start the Root Sony Xperia ZR tutorial please read below carefully.
- I request you to take a full backup of all the important stuff that you’ve got on your Sony Xperia ZR. Although, rooting won’t remove or delete anything from internal or external memory, I would like you to be on safer side.
- You can use apps such as Super Backup and App Backup/restore. The Super backup will help you to back up your contacts and SMS where App backup/restore will help you to back up and restore your installed apps.
- It is recommended that you only proceed if there is sufficient battery backup on your Android smartphone. According to the developers and my personal opinion, please charge your device to 75% or above.
- You also need to enable USB debugging. For that, please go into the settings > applications > developer options and check the box for USB Debugging.
- And finally, I take no responsibility, TechZimo.com takes no responsibility. Wrongly done rooting can brick your Sony Xperia ZR Smartphone. So, if you know what you’re doing then proceed.
- Easy Rooting Toolkit : Download here – Thank you: DooMLoRD
- Download and Install Sony Xperia ZR USB driver:
Download hereLink broken, download below.
- [Optional] Download and install Sony Xperia PC Companion (drivers included): Download here
Steps to Root Sony Xperia ZR
- Make sure you’ve enabled USB debugging, if you haven’t enabled it, please do as shown in the first part number 4 before we start rooting Sony Xperia ZR.
- Make sure to install Sony Xperia ZR USB driver on your Windows-based computer .
- Connect your Sony Xperia ZR to your windows PC but, don’t turn USB storage ON and close Sony Xperia PC Companion if opens up.
- Once your device is connected, go back to the downloaded files and extract the contents of the Easy Rooting Toolkit on your computer.
- Open the folder and look for runme_win.bat file, click and execute it, you should have a screen like below image. Read the instructions carefully and proceed to the next step.
- Press any key (Space-bar??) to continue.
- Easy Rooting Toolkit will connect to your Sony Xperia ZR smartphone and starts rooting.
- Within 2 to 3 minutes, Rooting will be finished and your device would restart automatically, if not try manual reboot.
- That’s all, now you have root access to your Sony Xperia ZR android smartphone.
- You can test the rooting is successful or not using following method.
How to see if your Sony Xperia ZR rooted successfully?
There is an easy way to check whether the rooting is successful or not. Head over to http://play.google.com and download Root checking tool “Root Checker” and install. Once installed open the application and tap on Verify Root Access button. If you see the result like below displayed image then your Sony Xperia ZR has been rooted successfully.
If you’ve any difficulties or any doubts in rooting your Sony Xperia ZR smartphone, feel free to leave a comment below. I will try my best to solve them. Also, if you’ve rooted your device successfully, please put a comment with a confirmation message so that others are aware of the fact that this method works flawlessly.
Don’t Miss Our Famous Rooting Guides:
- How to Root Xolo Q600 Easily
- How to root Sony Xperia Tipo
- How to Root Celkon A119Q Signature HD
- How to Root Micromax Canvas A72 Viva
- How to Root Micromax A27 Bolt
- The Simple Guide to Root Kindle Fire HD 8.9
- How to root Karbonn A30
- How to Root Micromax A57 Ninja 3