CyanogenMod recently released an official custom ROM CM 10.2 Nightly for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 based on Android 4.3 JB. Today in this step by step tutorial I’m going to show you how to update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 using CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM.
This is a very straightforward guide which help you to get the latest Android 4.3 JB on your Galaxy Note N7000 less than 30 minutes.
So, let get started. Before that, here are few prerequisites you must agree on before starting the tutorial.
- This guide and the files linked here in this article only works with Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 (international version) and never ever try to update another device other than Galaxy Note. So, once the update done you will have Android 4.3 JB on Galaxy Note N7000.
- Your device should have either ClockworkMod or Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP installed on it. Make sure to install the APK first and proceed to further tutorial. You’ll not be able to update/install or use this tutorial if your phone doesn’t meet these requirements.
- You need to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 in this how to guide, which means that the system partition (all data, apps, settings, call logs, contacts, text messages etc.) will be wiped completely. However, the internal SD card won’t be affected by this reset. You can use Apps like Helium tool or Titanium Backup to back up your data before you start updating your device or you can use apps such as Super Backup and App Backup/restore. The Super backup will help you to back up your contacts and SMS where App backup/restore will help you to back up and restore your installed apps.
- Use SMS Backup & Restore app to backup your SMS, Call Logs Backup & Restore app to backup your call logs and APN Backup & Restore app to your APN settings.
- As usual I request you to charge your battery at least 75% and enable USB debugging mode using developer options menu.
- And Finally, I take no responsibility if you damage/brick your device by following this method. But I’ll ensure that, if you follow the steps properly there will be no harm at all. I would definitely help you in every aspect but you got to give close attention to each step.
How to install CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Let’s start installing CM 10.2 nighty ROM on your Galaxy Note. Before that, we need to download some important files, listed below.
Download These First
- Download the CM 10.2 Nightly ROM – Here (Note: this page has may download links, carefully chose the latest N7000 ROM)
- Download the Gapps for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs – Here
Step by step guide to install CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
- Connect your device with your computer via USB Data cable. Move both downloaded files to your phone’s internal sd card.
- Once transfer done, disconnect your device from your PC/Laptop.
- Power off the phone now and boot into CWM or TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Have a full NANDROID Backup – Once your phone booted to CWM (or TWRP) recovery screen, you need to have a full NANDROID Backup of your current ROM. Below I’ve shown you how to do it in both CWM and TWRP. This process will be helpful if your device doesn’t boot into normal mode or in case you don’t like the new CM 10.2 Nightly ROM.
Once you are boot into TWRP recovery tap on Backup, select the system data you want to save and Confirm.Once you are boot into CWM Recovery select ‘backup and restore’, use the backup option and confirm.
- NANDROID Backup on TWRP
- NANDROID Backup on CWM
- Wipe Device and Factory Reset – IN this step we will ‘factory reset’ your Galaxy Note.
Tap the Wipe button, then tap the Factory Reset. Confirm and wait until the process is complete.Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm the process.
- TWRP Recovery:
- CWM Recovery
- Installing the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM - Now your device will reboot after factory reset and this step is to install CM 10.2, here is how to do it.
Tap on Install. Browse through the internal storage for the CM 10.2 ROM and load it into TWRP. Confirm the installation.Select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the CM 10.2 Nightly ROM and confirm this process.
- TWRP Recovery
- CWM Recovery
- Once the CM 10.2 Nightly ROM has finished installing, you need to flash the Gapps file that we downloaded and moved to SD card in step 1. You can follow the above step to flash Gapps file.
- Once you’ve completed flashing Gapps file, return to main page of your recovery tool and restart your device. It should take longer than usual reboot process as the newly flashed files needed to load.
- In case your device doesn’t boot or stuck in to boot loop, unfortunately you need to re-do all the steps (from Step #3) been done so far.
- In case you need to go back to your previous ROM, just use the backup – NANDROID we’ve created in the Step # 4 using custom Recovery Mode.
That’s all. Now you have CyanogenMod 10.2 on Galaxy Note N7000. Enjoy the latest CM 10.2 Nightly ROM and features of Android 4.3 JB on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. If you enjoyed our tutorial, please share it on your social world and help us to grow.
How to Make a Nandroid Backup (Full System Backup)
Thank you for reading our latest article how to get CyanogenMod 10.2 on Galaxy Note N7000 and we hope the tutorial was easy to understand. Now, you have Android 4.3 JB on Galaxy Note N7000 without any issues. If there is any issues like unable to reboot, apps missing or anything related to network/data through the comments below and we’ll try our best to help you.