- Animal Crossing is the longest-running game franchise that has garnered a massive following over the years.
- Nintendo might bring some old characters back to New Horizons in the update as the major content.
- The new update introducing a new set of content or implementing important bug fixes.
A new software update has been released for Animal Crossing: New Horizons game! The latest update brings the game up to Version 1.1.1 and contains only one notable change, but it’s an extremely important one for those who enjoy trading with others online. According to the official patch notes released by Nintendo, the Version 1.1.1 update of Animal Crossing: New Horizons has “Fixed a serious bug affecting game balance”, which we have confirmed is a popular item duplication glitch.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ new update has added a variety of new content to the game, but the most notable additions are all the new Sanrio-inspired villagers, furniture, and clothing. Nintendo might bring some old characters back to New Horizons in the update as the major content.
The major candidates that might arrive could be Tortimer and Kapp’n. Tortimer was the old mayor of the island before Isabelle took over. On the other hand, Kapp’n is a very recognizable figure in the Animal Crossing community. He has helped several players by taking them to other islands on his raft since Animal Crossing originals.
List of Sanrio villagers in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
There are a total of six Sanrio villagers in New Horizons and, below, you can find their name, species, and which Sanrio character inspired them:
- Chai – an elephant inspired by Cinnamoroll
- Chelsea – a deer inspired by My Melody
- Étoile – a sheep inspired by Little Twin Stars
- Marty – a cub inspired by Pompompurin
- Rilla – a gorilla inspired by Hello Kitty
- Toby – a rabbit inspired by Keroppi.
How to update Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
Here are the steps to update Animal Crossing: New Horizons to the latest version:
- The first thing you need to do is launch the video game on your console which will automatically display the new update on the Home menu. Click on the ‘Download’ button to download and install the update.
- In case you aren’t able to find the new game update or you missed it, you can manually trigger an update on your console.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon which is available on the Animal Crossing: New Horizons home screen.
- Tap ‘Software Update’.
- Now, select the ‘Via the Internet’ option and the game will download the update.
Thanks for Reading!!