- Apple rolls out a software update with an important security fix.
- iOS 15.2.1 has a lot of new features, but the one that’s being most closely watched is called ATT, or App Tracking Transparency.
- It should be compatible with all iPhones that received the iOS 14 update.
Apple iOS 15.2.1 is a surprise update with fixes for CarPlay, Messages, and more. It is available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch (7th generation). It includes plugs for Homekit security vulnerabilities and corrections to issues on iPhones that prevent messages from loading when sent with an iCloud link, among other things.
The biggest new feature in iOS 15.2.1 is the App Privacy Report. This report is intended to help users control who has access to their data. The latest version of the beta also changed the wording of the iCloud Private Relay setting. The option is now listed under Cellular and Wi-Fi settings as Limit IP Address Tracking.
FaceTime is one of the best ways to communicate with your friends and family members if they are on Apple devices. The app offers a seamless video call experience. Now, the company will be allowing users to add people who are on Windows or Android devices. While those folks will still not be able to make calls, they will at least be able to be a part of a FaceTime group call, which can be joined using a join link.
A surprise addition to iOS 15.2.1 is Apple Music Voice Plan, a new subscription tier for Apple Music.
- Updated Camera glyph on Lock Screen removes shutter button to match updated Camera app icon
- A new feature, called Play it Again, lets you see what you’ve recently played so you’re not Googling the chorus of a song you just heard because you don’t know the song’s name.
- Updated Control Center Note shortcut icon
- Share Focus Status toggle for individual contacts
- New animated Smart Rotate and Widget Suggestions icons
- New extra large Podcasts widget on iPad
- The Return to Home Screen action for Shortcuts
- New icon for Notifications in Settings
- New toggle for disabling notification when using Screen Sharing or Screen Mirroring
- Rounded edges in App Store account page.
How do I download iOS 15.2.1?
To download the latest update, go to Settings > General > Software Update and select Download and Install. Restart your iPhone once the download is finished to start the installation, and once your phone restarts you’ll be on the latest version of iOS.
Thanks for Reading!!