Online gaming is one of the major trends today. With the availability of Broadband Internet, Online gaming has become a staple kind of entertainment for youth as well as adults. There is a variety of genres of games available online that one can play and compete with their friends. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is one of the most prominent recently released games that managed to receive an overwhelming response from the players. Players are interested to know how to fix COD Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 6036.
COD Modern Warfare 2 is a multiplayer game that releases on October 28 on various platforms-Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam and Battle.Net. However, players have been facing several bugs and issues since its early access phase.
COD Modern Warfare 2 players face Dev Error 6036, which can appear anytime and cause a complete game crash. If you are encountering the same issue, this post is for you. In this guide, we will discuss What exactly is COD Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 6036, why it occurs, and some of the workarounds. So without delay, let’s get started:
What is COD Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 6036?
It is a very common error in Call of Duty games. This error even occurs in the previous titles of the games too. Dev Error 6036 occurs whenever the multiplayer map data has not been downloaded fully or has been downloaded with Error. Usually, this error triggers at the beginning or at the middle of the match. Due to this error, the game got crashed completely, which is very annoying.
Potential Reasons for COD MW2 Dev Error 6036
- Usually, this error occurs due to missing or corrupted game files.
- Such errors may occur due to bugs in the game.
- If you are accessing the outdated version of the game.
Fix 1: Restart your device
It is painless, but the most recommended Potential fix that has the ability to solve lots of problems. It is the first thing you should try to fix any problem.
- On PC, tap on the Windows icon.
- Click on the Power button and finally tap on Restart to finalize the process.
Fix 2: Run this game as an Administrator.
If the game is not provided the Administrator Permission to .exe files, chances are that this error occurs. Luckily, there is a way to rectify this problem. To solve this issue, you need to run this game as administrator from the game’s Installation folder.
- First of all, go to Steam> Library
- Under Library, look for Modern Warfare 2. Right-click on the title
- Under the options, choose to Manage and then browse local files
- Access the cod.exe file and right-click on it.
- Finally, tap on run as Administrator option
Fix 3: Update GPU Drivers
To solve this problem, it is recommended to update the GPU Drivers. Steps are:
- First of all, right-click on the Start Menu and open the Quick Access Menu
- Tap on Device Manager
- Right-click on Display Adapters.
- After that, right-click on the dedicated graphics card
- Tap on Update Driver and select Search Automatically for Drivers
- It will look for the available update. The system will automatically install to the latest version if it is found.
- Restart your device. That’s it!
Fix 4: Look for the Update
It is recommended to check if there is any update for COD Modern Warfare 2. Chances that you have not enabled the Automatic Updates. To check for the update, close the app and reload it again. If any update is available, you are invited to download it.
Fix 5: Verify the Integrity of Game Files
As we mentioned above, this error usually occurs due to corrupt game files. Luckily, if you are playing the game on Stream, there is a way to check it.
- First of all, open the Steam Library and look for the Game COD Modern Warfare 2
- Right-click on the game and tap on Properties
- Under Properties, select Local files
- Finally, tap on Verify the Integrity of Game files
- Just wait! It will take time to check
For Console Players
- First of all, launch the game.
- Now, open the game library and look for the game
- Tap on the game title and select Options
- Tap on Check for Updates. That’s it!
Fix 6: Disable Cache Spot and Cache Sun Shadows
This error could occur due to a bug in the Cache Spot and Cache Sun Shadows settings. This is how you can disable them:
- First of all, run the game
- Tap on the options menu and look for Graphics
- Under Graphics, scroll down and tap on Shadow and Lighting section
- Now, disable Cache Spot Shadows, and Cache Sun Shadows
- Once it has been done, relaunch the game
Fix 7: Change the Game’s Language
Several gamers complain that they face this error when changing the game’s primary language to another. Players need to change the language and keep it fixed for several matches to fix this issue. This is how you can change the Game’s language:
- First of all, launch the game
- Open the Settings of the game
- Under Settings, tap on Interface
- After this, select the Language. That’s it!
Fix 8: Reboot the game.
If all the above methods do not resolve your problem, it is recommended to perform Clean Reboot now. It is quite a tricky process that involves multiple steps but solves the problem.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1: How to fix Dev Error 6036 on PS4?
Solutions completely depend on the methods you are using. Access these steps to fix Dev Error 6036 on PS4.
1)Power Cycle your PS4 device
Generally, this trick solves lots of problems related to the game. To perform this action, first of all, turn off your device. Unplug the power cable for at least 30 seconds. Plug in again and relaunch the game to see if the problem resolves or not
2) Update your device
Just like the games, it requires updating the PS4 Operating system at regular intervals to deal with bugs and errors. This is how you can look for the update:
- First of all, open the PlayStation Homescreen
- Tap on Settings
- Under Settings, select System
- Tap on System Software Update. That’s it!
That’s how you can fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 6036. We hope our methods will resolve your problem. COD is a big-budget game. Despite this, gamers have faced many errors and issues since day one. Which method worked for you? Please do share with us in the Comments section below.
Thanks for reading!! For more information, Stay Connected with us.
A tech-freak self-motivated professional that thrives on innovation and overcoming challenges. She is a trained writer and scholarship holder. Went through with writing for a lot of big media houses. Writing is her all-time favorite job. Know more about her on facebook