Hey Readers! Are you among those who are getting an error message that says ‘Waiting for network connection’ on their Android device? There are lots of people who encounter the “Downloading English (US/UK) Update Waiting For Network Connection” error despite having a solid internet connection. It’s really frustrating. Don’t worry! We have come up with some of its fixes to solve Downloading English Update Waiting For Network Connection problem. To know its solutions, keep reading!!
Reasons Behind “Downloading English (US) Update Waiting For Network Connection” Error
Before moving to the solutions, it’s better to know the causes of the problem.
- It is caused by a recent update of Speech Services by Google. It is a default application of Google that narrates the texts into speeches. But a recent update caused the “Downloading English (US) Update Waiting For Network Connection” error.
- This issue is primarily caused by a server-side problem that prevents the app from being updated.
- Due to difficulties with the Google Play Store and related services
Fixes to solve Downloading English (US/UK) Update Waiting For Network Connection Issue (April 2022)
Fix 1: Restart your Smartphone.
The first and foremost step to solve any problem is Just to restart your smartphone and the error will be removed from the notification bar. You will not see any Speech services by Google update, waiting for a network connection error.
Fix 2: By Turning off the auto-update language feature
For this, the users need to select ‘Do not auto-update language’ and restart their phone. If you don’t know how it is done then follow the steps;
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Scroll until you see the option ‘Google’.
- Now, look for an option that says ‘Settings for Google Maps.
- Now, tap on the ‘Search, Assistant & Voice’ option then Voice.
- When you do so, you will be shown multiple options, tap on ‘Offline speech recognition.
- Now, you will have to tap on the ‘Auto-Update’ option located in the top right corner of the screen.
- In a new window, you will have to select ‘Do not auto-update languages’.
- Once done, restart your device and check if the error remains.
- That’s it.
Fix 3: Clear Cache and Data of Speech Services by Google
In order to solve this problem, you must erase the cache and data of the Google Speech Services app. To accomplish this, take these steps:
- First of all, navigate to the phone’s Settings and select Apps.
- Select the menu option
- Select the Show all apps checkbox.
- Now, in the apps list, seek for and touch on Google Speech Services.
- Navigate to the Storage tab.
- Tap on the Clear all data and Clear Cache button.
- Finally, reboot your phone.
Fix 4: Force Stop the Google app.
If the error is still appearing on your screen, then make sure to Force stop the Google app.
- Open the Settings of your phone and go to “Apps“.
- Now tap on “Installed apps” where all your apps are installed on your phone.
- Then look for the Google app and click on that.
- Now Tap on Internal Storage and then choose the Force Stop option.
- Restart your Phone
Fix 5: Uninstall and reinstall Google Speech Services
If the above method did not work for you then you require to uninstall and reinstall Google Speech Services.
Here are a few simple steps to uninstall and reinstall Google Speech Services:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Search for “Google Speech Services”.
- Tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button to remove it from the device.
- Once uninstalled, tap on the ‘Install‘ button.
- Wait until the application is installed again.
- Once reinstalled, launch the application and see if the error persists.
- That’s it.
Fix 6: Attempt Switching Off Notifications
Turning off the alerts from the Speech Services by Google app may help in fixing this problem on an Android phone.
- First of all, move to the Settings of your device and then choose Apps.
- You will find Google Speech Services in the drop-down list, just click on it.
- The last step is to deactivate the Show notifications option in Notifications. That’s it!
Well, this is all about how to solve Downloading English Update Waiting For Network Connection error. I hope these fixes will solve your problem. In case of any query, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Keep Sharing!!
Thanks for reading!!