Kodi is an open Source Media Software that fulfills all the cravings for Entertainment. It lets you play Videos, Music, Games, and More. This application is the best source to stream Live Music, Videos, and Images directly on your Desktop PC. This application comes under an Open Source License. It means all the content is 100 percent free without any advertisements. People are interested to know the Fix for Kodi Buffering Problem.
Kodi arrives with thousands of builds and Add ons that increase the application’s functionality. Kodi 19.3 is the latest version released by the developers recently. However, Kodi buffering is the major problem. It is frustrating when you watch your favorite show and it starts .buffering. Streamers want to enjoy uninterrupted Videos. It’s become disappointing when your Video buffers every minute.
Want to know the reasons why your Kodi is buffering, then this post is for you. Here we will share some solutions that will help fix the Kodi Buffering problem in 2022.
What is Kodi? – A Complete Overview
Kodi is a free Media Player that XBMC Foundation develops. It is a complete Entertainment package that lets you stream content smoothly without interruptions on your device. This application is completely Customizable ( You can change your choice’s appearance, skins, and plugins). This platform lets users stream content from various Digital Services such as Amazon Prime, Crackle, Spotify, YouTube, Pandora Internet Video, and more.
- Lets you watch TV broadcasts that are transmitted by DTT, ADSL Cable, and Internet Streaming.
- Open Source Program
- No annoying ads
- This application has a vast Video library.
- Provides the feature of a Music Library where you can organize your music collection by creating a smart playlist
Which Devices Support Kodi?
Kodi is an open Source application software available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Raspberry Pi devices. Installing Kodi on iOS and Raspberry devices is a complex process. Most people prefer installing Kodi on Fire TV and Fire TV stick due to the low pricing.
Possible reasons for Kodi Buffering
Before moving directly to the fixes, it is important to know the root cause of the problem. There might be several reasons causing Kodi to lag. Adding official add-ons is also causing the problem. Some of the possible reasons are:
- Network Connectivity Issues
- Improper Kodi Cache Settings
- Slow Speed
- Limited Bandwith from the Source
Slow Internet Speed
Slow Internet Speed is the biggest reason, besides the buffering of Kodi. The streaming of the content requires a good internet speed. As per the guidelines, it is required to have at least a 5 Mbps connection to stream content through Kodi. If the speed of your Internet is lower than this, there is a fair chance that you will face buffering issues while accessing the HD content.
Cache Data causes Buffering.
In most cases, the Cache data is the reason behind the buffering. For the unversed, Cache Data is the information that is stored on your device when you visit any website. This helps the site to load faster. For instance, suppose you lose the internet Connection while streaming a video; you might notice that the video keeps running for a while. This is due to Cache data.
However, you need to allocate the Cache data space after a time by clearing the cache memory.
Ways to Fix Kodi Buffering Issue
Fix 1: Check your Internet Speed
Before moving to other fixes, it is first recommended to check the Internet Speed of your device. To stream any content on your device without interruption, you require at least 5 to 10 Mbps internet speed. If your Wireless router is connected to multiple devices, it becomes hard to get the desirable download speed. Many OTT platform like Netflix lets you stream content flawlessly even at poor Internet speed( but not in the case of all streaming platforms). Buffering is very common if your internet connection speed is lower than this.
How to Test your Internet Speed?
You must know what Internet speed you are getting at any moment. Luckily, many online tools let you test the speed of the Internet. The steps are:
- First of all, open the web browser of your device.
- Now, visit www.speedtest.net.
- The next step is to download and Install the app on your device.
- Now run the test and check out the ping rate, download speed, and upload speed
If the ping rate is high, you will face more buffering issues.
What to do, then?
This problem might be occurring due to old wirings and connections. Ask your Service Provider to solve this problem. You can opt for a good Internet plan for heavy streaming.
In case the speed of the Internet is good, check if your device is close to the router or not. If you find no problem with the Internet speed, we recommend moving to the next fix.
Fix 2: Increasing the Cache Memory
As discussed earlier, Limited Cache Memory is one of the biggest reasons behind buffering. Many devices like Chromecast have limited space allocated for caching Data. When your device runs short of cache space, it starts creating problems. Increasing Video Cache Memory, fixes Kodi buffering problem
How to Increase Video Cache Memory Limit for Kodi?
Through Ares Project Add-on
It is one of the easiest ways to increase the Video Cache Memory limit. For this, you require to install the unofficial Kodi add-on Ares Project.
- First of all, visit the home screen of the Kodi
- Go to the Settings.
- Under Settings, tao on File Manager
- Now, tap on Add Source from the left column. Double tap on none.
- In the address bar, Enter the URL- http://ares-repo.eu.
- Tap on OK and give it a name of your choice.
- Go back to the home screen of Kodi and tap on Add ons
- Now tap on Downloads from the sidebar.
- Tap on Install from the zip file
- Go to the folder you saved earlier and select the zip file of it.
- Wait a few seconds. You will get an addon Installed Notification soon
- Now, select Install from Repository now. Under this tap on Ares Project
- Now, tap on Program add-ons > Ares Wizard and click “install.”
- The add-on will be installed successfully on your Kodi.
The next step is to increase the Video Cache.
- For this, go back to the home screen, follow the path- Program add-ons > Ares Wizard, and click “install.”
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Open Ares Wizard and follow the path Tweaks > Advanced Settings Wizard > Next.
- Tap on “generate settings.”
- Now, increase the video cache size to half of your available RAM
- That’s it. Click on Apply Settings and restart your Kodi.
Fix 3: By using a good VPN service
Many Internet Service Provides promise to provide a good Internet speed but fails to do so. Heavy streamers who want to stream Movies and shows online on Kodi must require some Internet Throttling tool.
For the unversed, Internet Throttling is a tool that restricts the internet speed when the users have reached a certain data usage limit. A reliable VPN service is the best way to prevent internet Throttling.
VPN service masks the identity of the user from the World web. When you use a VPN service, nobody can see what kind of data you are using. Probably the best way to solve the Kodi Buffering issue.
There are many paid and free options for VPNs available on the Internet. One can choose as per the need and requirements
Fix 4: Lower the Video Scaling Configuration on Kodi
Higher Video Configurations are the major reasons for buffering. High Configurations undoubtedly provide better streaming quality but lead to buffering issues. If you are streaming with low bandwidth, it is recommended to lower Video scaling Configurations to fix Kodi Buffering issue. The Steps are:
- First of all, open the Home screen of your Kodi players and go to the Settings
- Tap on the Players section. Under this, tap on the Videos tab.
- Tap on Enable HQ Scalers. Now, set this value to a lower percentage value.
- That’s it! Now check whether the problem gets solved by streaming the content
Well, these are some quick solutions to fix the Kodi Buffering problem. I hope you will find this post helpful and informative. Keep sharing it with your family and friends.
Thanks for reading!! For more information, Stay Connected with us.