- Google has added Search Filter in Gmail and Personal Results setting
- Search Filter will help in smoother search navigation of emails
- Personal Search setting for Google Search can be turned off on Android
Google is continuously updating Google Workspace regularly, and this time, Gmail for Android is getting an improved search feature. Previously we saw the addition of Chat and Spaces along with the change in the UI as well. This time, Google is adding a search filter, which can be used by tapping the search box and will appear just below it.
“For example, you can type a query and further narrow results by selecting search filters like from colleague’s name, or a specific timeframe. When searching for emails by sender, users can choose from a list of suggested senders or search for emails from multiple senders,” Google noted in a blog post.
The rollout has begun for personal Gmail accounts as well as G Suite users who work at corporations on Google’s rapid-release track. If you don’t notice the quick settings menu soon, your workplace might be on Google’s scheduled release track. It will take a few weeks to reach all the users. Google suggests that all the users should receive it before the end of October.
- Autocomplete predictions mostly on your search historical past.
- Results are based mostly on your account information like your location, dates, and reminders
How to use improved search filters in Gmail on Android?
- Open the Gmail application on your Android device.
- Type the keyword for the email you are looking for. Say, ‘Sales Report.’
- You can now use the filter before tapping on the ‘search’ icon or do it after the results show up.
- You can narrow down the search by tapping on the drop-down button next to ‘From’, where you can select from the suggested options or input the email you received the email from. Say, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have sent the mail to someone, you can tap on the drop-down menu next to ‘Sent to’ and type down the email id of the person or group you have sent to, or select an option from the suggested results.
- If you remember the date when you received or sent the email, tap on the ‘Date’ filter and select the time period.
Thanks for Reading!!