- Google is releasing the Chrome latest version 92.0.4515.131 with much-improved features.
- These features will help you to avoid security lapses.
- Google Chrome users need to update to the latest version to avoid any type of hacking or data theft.
CERT-In Advisory states:
“These vulnerabilities exist in Google Chrome due to heap buffer overflow error in Bookmarks. The remote attackers can take advantage of these errors through a specially crafted document to carry out the hacking. If the remote attacker succeeds, he can easily hack the system and execute his intentions”.
New Features :
- Google is now disabling full URLs from fake websites for users’ safety. Now the big URLs of any site will not be visible, only their name will be seen. A disabled option will also be given in this feature. In Google Chrome 92, users will no longer see prompts and notifications on the website. This feature can also be disabled.
- The new update will give a good AR and gaming experience on Chrome. Chrome browser will come with Lite mode. Meaning if you use Chrome on mobile, the page will load soon.
How to update Chrome to the latest version?
If you are unsure how to update Chrome to the latest version, you can do so by following these simple steps –
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the three dots icon on the top right.
- Click Update Google Chrome. If this button is not visible, that means you are on the latest version of the browser.
- Click Relaunch to update the browser.
An alternative way to do this is to click the three dots icon and click About Google Chrome. Now Google Chrome will begin to update itself automatically. Once the update has been download, click Relaunch.
Thanks for Reading!!