- Google is known for bringing out the best of the lot.
- Yet another feature update from the search engine giant has made the company even more likable.
- Google empowers people with digital tools and applications meant to simplify lives.
Google is adding a few new features to the Maps Timeline on Android. These include a new “Insights” tab that shows trends about the amount of time you’ve spent and the distance you’ve traveled in different transport methods. It also shows the places you’ve visited.
Google Maps now also has a “Trips” tab that lists all locations visited and gives users the option to export the list to share it with others. You can also change the color of the plot points on the map. This is a good way to organize your pins. In doing so, you’ll make it easier for viewers to understand what the pins represent. To do this, simply click on the icon under the heading “individual styles.”
Google Maps update: Use Maps offline effectively with ease
It never fails. When you need directions the most, your phone loses signal at the most inopportune time. Fortunately, Google Maps lets you download your route ahead of time so that you never have to worry about getting lost.
1. In the Google Maps app, enter your destination.
2. At the bottom of the screen tap the name of the place or the address.
3. Tap the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner.
4. Tap Download offline map.
5. Tap Download. The map for the area you’ve selected will now be available to you offline.
Easily find an area to park your car
Knowing where you can and can’t park your car is essential, especially if you’re running late to work or driving to an unfamiliar place. Instead of driving around and hoping you’ll eventually find a parking spot, use Google Maps to point you in the right direction.
1. In the Google Maps app, enter your location.
2. Tap Directions.
3. You’ll see a P icon next to the estimated time it’ll take to get to that location. Tap the P (for parking). If P is red, it means parking will be limited. Blue means finding parking will be easy or medium challenging
4. Find parking.
5. A list of parking areas will appear. Select one of the options and tap Add parking. The parking spot will be added as the first stop on your route and you can continue on to your next destination.
Thanks for Reading!!