- Google Maps may soon show you how much toll roads cost.
- As a result, Maps users can pick either the fastest or the cheapest route.
- It would be a huge help to anyone trying to get around as cheaply as possible.
Google empowers people with digital tools and applications meant to simplify lives. In this vein, Google Maps is one of the top Google applications and the preferred navigation app of many users because of its straightforward interface, features, and ability to provide clear and accurate instructions. This is why we can say with relative certainty that most people have used Google Maps at least once in their lives.
Currently, Google Maps shows you the presence of toll roads, but the app does not show toll prices. But that’s set to change soon. Now with latest update, it will display estimates of fees and other prices you may incur on your road trip. This feature is useful as users will have time to decide whether they want to avoid toll roads or continue on the same route.
How to avoid fees on Google Maps and save money?
Google is known for bringing out the best of the lot. Yet another feature update from the search engine giant has made the company even more likable.
- Open Google Maps on your smartphone.
- Type your destination in the search bar and search for it.
- Once the app shows the Directions button, tap on it.
- You will then have to click on the three-dotted button, which is next to “Your Location” at the top of the screen. After that, you need to click again on “Path Options”.
- Google Maps will show you a list. You need to check the “Avoid fees” box. You can also choose to avoid highways and ferries from the menu.
- Once you’ve made your selection, you can then click Done. After that, just click on the “Start” button, which appears in the lower left corner of the screen.
Having up-to-date information about tolls could be a major bonus for Google Maps users, allowing drivers to be more selective about which routes to take and helping them decide the trade-off between time savings and toll charges.
Thanks for Reading!!