- Google is rolling out a massive update with security fixes for Chrome.
- Chrome 94.0.4606.54 contains a number of fixes and improvements.
- The latest update is now available for Android, macOS, Windows, Chrome OS.
Google has revealed that 19 security flaws have been discovered in Chrome for Linux, macOS, and Windows. The company has revealed five threats that are under ‘Use-After-Free’ vulnerabilities. Use After Free or UAF is a popular error of not clearing the memory after it is full. It leads a program to crash, and hackers can use this to attack your Chrome.
Google Issues Warning For 2 Billion Chrome Users to immediately update their application to a new improved version to combat threats. The new version of Chrome offers an easy check-in of your settings if there are any weak or compromised passwords.
If there are, you just have to click a button to go to the relevant site and provide a more secure login. The security attack puts almost 2 billion Chrome users at risk of being hacked. Google confirmed the hack via a blog post after a new ‘Zero-Day Hack’ exploits findings were discovered in Chrome.
How to update Chrome to the Chrome 94 Version?
Normally updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer’s browser. But if you haven’t closed your browser in a while, you might see a pending update:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the three dots icon on the top right.
- Click Update Google Chrome. If this button is not visible, that means you are on the latest version of the browser.
- Click Relaunch to update Google Chrome.
An alternative way to do this is to click the three dots icon and click About Google Chrome. Now Google Chrome will begin to update itself automatically. Once the update has been download, click Relaunch.
Thanks for Reading!!