Google announces in its 2021 I/O conference some interesting new features coming to mobile search. Android users will now be able to delete the last 15 minutes of their search history via a new update.
The feature is first spotted by former XDA Developers editor-in-chief Mishaal Rahmaan about the rollout of the feature. Later, Google in a statement confirms that the company will be rolling out its ‘quick delete’ option on the Google app for Android users. There are speculations that it will be available to everyone using the app in the next few weeks.
To check if you have received the update all you need to do is open Google’s Android app. Then, tap your profile picture, and look for the “Delete last 15 minutes” option. With this functionality, you can easily delete your most recent search history with a few taps
Google had rolled out this update on iOS devices back in July 2021 but failed to meet its initial deadline for the Android release. Users can access this by tapping the search bar on the home screen or by simply sliding it up on their device.
It is unclear whether the company plans on bringing the feature to desktop, as during last year’s I/O event.
For the unversed, deleting the last 15 minutes of Search history is not the only option that Google provides to its users. The company also enables users to automatically delete all of their search histories after three months, 18 months, and after 36 months.
Here’s how you can delete your Google Search history automatically after a set time limit:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google app.
- At the top right, tap your Profile picture > go to Search history > go to Controls.
- On the “Web & App Activity” card, tap Auto-delete.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Additionally, you can also automatically delete some of the activity in your Google Accounts such as YouTube history, and location history among other things. Here’s a step-by-step guide for the same:
- On your Android phone open your device’s Settings app > go to Google > Manage your Google Account.
- At the top, tap Data & personalization.
- Under “Activity controls,” tap Manage your activity controls.
- Below “Web & App Activity,” “YouTube History,” or “Location History,” tap Auto-delete.
- Tap the option for how long you want to keep your activity > Next > Confirm to save your choice.
This year, Google will be hosting its annual developer conference on May 11 and 12, live from its Shoreline Amphitheatre at the Mountain View headquarters, and will be streamed online for free. The event will be broadcast in front of an invite-only live-person audience.
Thanks for reading!!
Stay Connected for more latest updates