- Grammarly launched Tone Detector features for its smartphone for Android and iOS.
- The new characteristic detects the tone of the person and offers suggestions to improve.
- The tone detection characteristic is activated after the person has typed greater than 150 characters.
Grammarly has introduced tone detector features for its smartphone application on both Android and iOS. The new feature detects the tone of the user and provides feedback on how they can improve their message so it can be better interpreted by the recipient.
The tone detection feature will work in any app that Grammarly supports and will allow users to check if their message or email sounds confident, admiring, critical, formal, and so on. However, the feature will require you to input at least 150 words in order to be able to detect your tone.
Grammarly’s assistant is built to provide feedback on multiple dimensions of writing, including clarity, correctness, engagement, and delivery—because in some situations, what you say is as important as how you say it.
Grammarly New ‘Tone Detector’ features:
- Grammarly analyses the piece of text by a combination of signals that include capitalization, punctuation, and choice of words among others.
- It provides real-time updates that help users change the text before sending it out into the world.
- It also negates the need to ask a colleague or a friend to read the mail or message before sending it to the recipient.
- The tone detection can analyze whether or not the person is sounding formal, casual, accusatory, involved, optimistic.
How to use the new feature?
Users can access the tone detection feature on the Grammarly keyboard on iOS and Android right away, once they’ve updated to the latest version.
- In order to begin using the feature, the company says you have to go to your Grammarly keyboard settings.
- Then click on the Turn on option.
- After that, type the message which you want to send.
- Then click on the G logo on the keyboard to perform the tone detection.
After that, the keyboard reveals the tone of the message and the boldness degree of every tone. The confidence degree helps you attain the meant tone of the message.
Thanks for Reading!!