Looking for a Grindstone recipe? then go through this, and you will know everything about it.
Hey Minecrafters, if you want to repair your beloved items or to remove an enchantment from a specific weapon then one thing you will definitely need is a grindstone. But the newcomers are not much aware of how to make grindstone or grindstone recipes. So this quick guide will certainly help you to know how you can make grindstone, after all, it’s always an interesting task to learn about how to make new and exclusive in-game items, right?
Grindstone has now become an essential part of Minecraft, so every Minecraft lover or player must know the grindstone recipe. Since it helps you to repair items in the game that further reduce the efforts for unnecessary lengthy crafting. So if you know how to make grindstone in Minecraft then it will help you to keep your loved items with you for a longer duration in good condition.
A grindstone is available in the following versions of Minecraft:
|Java Edition (PC/Mac)||Yes (1.14)|
|Pocket Edition (PE)||Yes (1.11.0)|
|Xbox One||Yes (1.11.0)|
|Nintendo Switch||Yes (1.11.0)|
|Windows 10 Edition||Yes (1.11.0)|
|Education Edition||Yes (1.12.0)|
Raw Materials Required for Grindstone
- – Two Sticks
- – Two Wooden Planks
- – One stone slab
- – Crafting Table
The grindstone recipe will require at least two sticks that can be easily available by chopping down some trees in the game.
After that, you will be requiring wooden planks of at least two types for this grindstone recipe. It does not matter what type of wood you use in the recipe, as you can freely mix and match them. The grindstone will always look the same regardless of the type of wood you use.
Once the above materials are obtained, now you can proceed to the next one that is – a stone slab. It is also an essential part of the Grindstone recipe. But remember one thing that the slab must be a stone slab as you can’t use a cobblestone slab or a smooth stone slab.
After getting all the major stuff, now the last but not the least thing you will require is that a – 3×3 crafting grid of crafting table to make a grindstone.
MINECRAFT GRINDSTONE USES
Grindstones have been useful for us many times. If you want 6o ear experience points without putting in much effort. Disenchant unwanted books and enchanted drops to receive experience points – depending on how much you have to disenchant, you can breeze through the levels with this technique.
There are many other uses of Grindstone as well.
- Like repairing items will be quite easier with the help of it.
- For this what you all have to do is to keep two items of the same type into it and the piece that you will keep at the top slot will get repaired by losing one from the bottom side.
- It will also help you to remove Minecraft enchantments from an item, you can do so easily by keeping the enchanted item in any one of the slots before activation of it. As soon as you will do all this, it will remove all non-curse enchantments and give you some experience points each time one gets removed. Also remember one thing that even if you don’t want to remove any enchantments from an item, then also it will happen anyway. You have to ensure that you have to take care of your items and do not disenchant your sword or pickaxe in excitement.
- Also, if you use Grindstone, it will also help you to keep your items in tip-top shape as it is an essential tool for blacksmiths especially budding blacksmiths. But also remember one thing that there must be some downsides to removing the enchantments.
Grindstone Recipe – Steps To Make A Grindstone
1. Open Your Crafting Menu
Initially what you all have to do is to open your crafting table in Minecraft first and then look for the same grid.
2. Add Items to make a Grindstone
After going to the crafting menu, you have to go to the crafting area that is usually made up of a 3×3 crafting grid. If you want to craft a grindstone, you will need at least 2 sticks, 1 stone slab, and 2 wooden planks in the perfect order in a 3×3 crafting grid.
If you are crafting with the help of wood planks then you can pick any kind of wood plank-like oak, spruce, birch, jungle, acacia, dark oak, crimson, or warped planks. Like here we are using oak wooden planks.
So while making a grindstone, it is much necessary that sticks, stone slabs, and wooden planks must be placed in the correct order.
Also In case you don’t know the order, follow the pattern given below :
- In the first row, what you have to do is to keep 1 stick in the first box, 1 stone slab in the second box, and 1 stick in the third box.
- Now, In the second row, there should be 1 wood plank in the first box and 1 wood plank in the third box. This is the Minecraft crafting recipe for a grindstone.
If now you have filled the crafting area in the correct order, then you will be able to see a grindstone in the box to your right side.
Move the Grindstone to Inventory
Now if you are done with all this crafting work and the grindstone starts appearing on the screen, what you have to do next is to move the new item in your inventory.
What’s next? Nothing !! You are done with it. This grindstone now can be used for anything like o repair items, tools, and remove enchantments. It’s also a job site block for weaponsmiths.
Minecraft Grindstone Command
Here you also get an option to put a command to make grindstones in Minecraft. This command may be available in many editions like :
- Java Edition
- Pocket Edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Education Edition
If you want to run the grindstone command in Minecraft, then what you can do is to open your chat window and then type the command as per the version you are using right now.
Java Edition 1.13 and higher grindstone command
/give @p grindstone 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p grindstone 1 0
How to use a grindstone in Minecraft
If you want to use the grindstone, then the only thing you have to do is to keep things in the correct order. like the item you want to repair in your favorite Minecraft game must be placed at the top and then you have to place the thing you will use in repairing work at the bottom. Here you can also use grindstones in order to modify the jobless villagers into a weaponsmith. For this, you just have to place the block down anywhere in a village near the villagers so that they can find it easily.
Hey readers, this is all about your favorite grindstone recipe in Minecraft. this grindstone recipe helps you to make Grindstone in 3 easy steps mentioned above. Now if you are thinking about whether it is worth putting this much effort into Grindstone, then remember one thing that Grindstone reduces the crafting work and helps you to keep your loved items with yourselves for a longer period of time.
So do you like the post, if yes, then share it with your near and dear ones?
Happy Crafting Minecrafters 🙂