Are you one of those who are facing issues with the Storage Space in their smartphones? If you are a heavy Instagrammer, possibility that this app has taken up a lot of space on your device. Sometimes lots of cache data and memory causes the app to crash and not work smoothly. For the unversed, Cache data is a process that stores copies of data or files in a temporary storage location so that they can be accessed faster. Cache data includes multimedia such as images, files, and scripts which stores automatically when you open the application. At some point in time, it becomes necessary to clear the Instagram Cache on your Android and iPhone. In this guide, we are going to discuss how to clear Instagram Cache.
Any Social Media app that includes images and Videos will definitely have a Cache. With over 1000 images uploaded every second, definitely, the Instagram cache has grown over time. If you do not clear the cache data from your device, it will definitely cause some serious issues such as lagging of the app or solo performance of your device. In certain situations, the feed stops displaying the images.
In order to speed up your device and avoid such problems, clearing your Instagram Cache is very important. Today in this detailed guide, we are going to share with you the proven tricks to Clear Instagram Cache on Android and iOS devices easily. so keep reading the post till the end:
How to Clear Your Instagram Cache?
On Android Device
Clearing the Cache on any Android device is much easier. You won’t need to uninstall the app from your device to clear the Instagram cache. The steps are:
- First of all tap on the Settings app on your Android device
- After that select Apps and Notifications
- Scroll down until you find the Instagram app.
- After that select Storage and Cache
- Here you will see two options- Clear Storage and Clear Cache
- Tap on Clear Cache and it’s done!
On iPhone or iPad
Clearing Instagram Cache from iPhone is not so simple as there is no option to clear the data alone from iPhone. To clear the Cache and app data from your iPhone, either you need to offload the app or delete the app from your device. To delete the app or reinstall it again, follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the Settings app on your smartphone.
- Under Settings area, click on General Settings
- Under this, you will find the iPhone Storage option.
- Under the Storage section, you will find all the installed apps and their Storage usage.
- Find out the Instagram app under this list and delete the app. It will delete all locally stored data.
- Go to the App Store to reinstall the Instagram app
Alternatively, You can remove the Instagram app from your phone’s home screen rather than going to the device’s Settings app.
- For this, first of all, find out the Instagram app icon on your home screen
- Now, hold down the Instagram app icon for three seconds.
- All the app settings options will display on the screen.
- From all the three options available, tap on Delete App
- It will ask you to confirm by resending the prompt.
- Confirm by clicking Delete App again
- Now, go to the App Store and look for the Instagram app by using the Search bar.
- The result will appear on the screen. Tap on the Get App.
- The app will start downloading to your device.
- Once the app is downloaded, log in with your credentials. That’s it!
You can easily Pin a Comment on Instagram by using any Android and iOS device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What really happens when we clear Instagram Cache?
Clearing your Instagram cache really means uninstalling and reinstalling the app again without actually removing or downloading the app. When we clear the app cache data, our Account or personal information will remain intact. However, you will lose every data that is stored on your phone. In simple language, the Instagram cache will remove all the nonessential data such as downloaded Instagram Stories and videos to free up some space on your phone’s storage.
Q2: How to delete the Instagram cache on a browser?
When you access the Instagram account through a browser, all the Instagram Cache data get stored within the browser storage itself. To clear all the Instagram cache, you need to clear the browser cache data.
To clear the Instagram cache on a browser, follow the steps below:
- First of all, open the web browser of your device and go to Instgram.com
- After that, click on your Profile Picture icon.
- Tap on Settings.
- After that, go to Privacy and Security.
- Click on the View Account Data
- After that click on the Account Activity section
- Under Search History tap on View All
- Select Clear Search History
- It will ask you to reconfirm it. Tap on Yes.
- That’s it!
Q3: How to clear the Instagram cache from Windows?
Unfortunately, Windows PC does not have any dedicated Instagram app. However, users can access their Instagram accounts via the browser. Clearing the browser cache data will automatically remove the Instagram cache.
Q4: Can I offload the Instagram iPhone app to clear the cache?
Not at all! Offloading refers to the process of deleting or removing the app alone. When you offload any app from your iPhone, the app will be uninstalled from the device. However, the data associated with the app will remain on your device. Hence offloading won’t clear the Instagram cache from an iPhone.
Q5: Does Instagram Clear cache delete messages?
Absolutely not! Clearing Instagram Ccahe will not remove your personal data such as Accounts, images, messages, and more.
Q6: What is the difference between a clear cache and clear data?
Clearing the data acts as your first time installing the app. This action will remove app settings, preferences, and all the saved data in the app. On the other hand, clearing your cache only clears Instagram Search History and unnecessary temporary data to free up your device storage space.
That’s all about How to clear Instagram Cache data easily. Clearing the Cache will definitely improve the user’s experience. If you do not clear the cache data of the app from time to time, it can lead to many glitches and issues. If your Instagram keeps crashing, you really need to clear the cache. In order for the smooth working of the app and to free up Storage space, clearing the Cache is an essential factor. I hope you will find this post helpful and informative. In case of any queries, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Keep sharing with your near and dear ones.
Thanks for reading!! Stay Connected for more latest updates
A tech-freak self-motivated professional that thrives on innovation and overcoming challenges. She is a trained writer and scholarship holder. Went through with writing for a lot of big media houses. Writing is her all-time favorite job. Know more about her on facebook