Google Maps is one of the popular Navigation Applications that is used by people a lot. According to the study, People used to find the location directly on the app once a week when they leave the house to visit any unknown place. However, once we do searches, the information got saved online.
Unless you opt out, Google records a lot of information about you, from where you’ve been to what you’ve searched for. This isn’t just big tech overreach—it can be a useful way to find locations you’ve been to or searched for in the past.
This is great if you want a visit to the same place again, as your search history will be saved in the app. However, if you don’t want others to see where you have traveled or searched for then you may want to clear your history.
How to Delete Google Maps Search History?
On Android Devices
- Open Google Maps on your phone.
- Tap your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Maps history.
- Confirm your identity by tapping the Verify button.
- The Maps Activity screen shows your recent interactions with Maps, whether you were searching for a place, sharing directions, or something else.
- To access your history from a specific date, tap the calendar icon in the upper-left corner.
- To delete an activity, tap the X next to each entry.
- To bulk-delete activities, tap the Delete button in the upper-right corner and select the timeframe for which you’d like your activity gone. This is also where you can delete all your search history.
- To automatically delete your activity after a certain amount of time, tap Auto-delete
On PC and Mac
- Open the Google My Activity website and sign in.
- Select the Web & app activity option on the front page.
- Under See and delete activity, press the Google Maps icon.
- On the Maps Activity page, select the Delete button.
- From the drop-down, choose the deletion time frame you wish to use—Google Maps will begin deleting your data automatically.
- Once the deletion is complete, press OK to confirm.
How to delete Timeline and Location History on Google Maps?
- Open Google Maps on your smartphone.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Now, tap on Your timeline.
- Select the date when you used Google Maps Navigation and used it. Once you do, you will see the timeline and locations you traveled on that day.
- Lastly, you can edit the location timeline or delete it by tapping on the three dots next to the location, followed by Delete day.
Thanks for reading!!