Google Maps is not just limited to reach from Destination A to B. It provides much useful information like public transportation routes and times. Not only this, it also helps you to pin down a location or save it to your profile.
Wherever we go, whatever we explore, we need the help of Google maps, right? While exploring high ranges of mountains or reaching beaches, everything is made smooth by google maps. But sometimes, we get stuck in a situation when even Google Maps can’t locate the destination where you want to go, right?
there could be multiple reasons for that –
- Maybe the address is incorrect.
- Or the address has not been mapped yet.
- It may also be possible that the location is off-road.
But what to do in that case? then Dropping Pin on Google maps can be extremely helpful for us.
Now you must be thinking that what is dropping a pin in google maps, right? read out further to know everything about it.
Drop a Pin On Google Maps
Well, Drop a pin on Google maps is a wonderful feature introduced by Google maps. It is extremely helpful for the places that don’t have a proper address or is off the road. So in such scenarios, Google sets a wrong location. So to avoid such conditions, drop a pin on Google maps can be used. The best part is that this feature of google maps is available on almost all types of devices like Android, iOS, and desktop.
You can drop a pin in Google Maps and then save that location or navigate to it. Dropping a pin is very useful when you don’t know the address you’re at, don’t want to look up the exact address, or if a specific location has no address.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps Mobile (Android)
If you use Google maps on android phones, then you can drop the pin on google maps by following some simple steps given below :
- Initially go to google maps and Open the Google Maps app.
- Now make a search for your required address.
- You can do so by making a manual search by scrolling on maps or directly enter the location name to perform the search.
- Now on the map, long press on the screen as it will drop a pin here.
- As soon as you do it, it will show the address or location at the bottom of the screen.
- Now make a tap on this location to share it, save it, add a label to it, or get directions.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps Mobile (iOS)
If you are an iPhone user, then also drop a pin on google maps is a very simple task for you too. In fact, the process of dropping a pin on both android and iPhones is very similar.
- For this, you have to open the Google Maps app.
- Now put the address of the location if you know or scroll on the maps directly.
- As soon as you find the exact location while scrolling on maps, long-press the screen immediately.
- This long pressing will immediately drop the pin at the desired location.
- now the address of it will be shown at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you can Tap on the location to see more details, get directions, add labels, etc
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps on Desktop
Many people think that the Drop a pin feature of google maps is limited to mobile phones only. But it is a complete myth because actually, this feature is accessible on Desktops as well.
So, if you are using google maps on a desktop, and you want to use this feature of drop a pin on google maps, then you can follow the simple steps given below :
- Initially go to Google maps by typing its URL in the search bar of your browser.
- then go to the homepage of Google maps.
- Now trace the location on the maps where you want to drop a pin on google maps.
- After tracing the location, left-click on the exact spot.
- As soon as you click on it, a small grey pin icon will appear on the map.
- This will show you all the information in abox pop up at the bottom of the screen.
- Now if you click on this information box, it will show you a new panel that will display on the left-hand side of the screen.
- This will furnish you with more details and some additional options as well.
What does a drop pin look like on Google Maps?
How to Make the Most of a Dropped Pin
There are multiple features that come along with a drop pin on Google maps. Let us know more about such features in detail :
Save a Pin Location
It is available on Mobile and Desktop
The best part is that you can save a pinned location to a list that is connected to your Google account. So this way you can access that location on all of your devices.
Here you get an option of three pre-made lists :
- Want to go
- Starred places
But you can also add more lists if you want. To do so, you have to go to Your Places in the app by visiting its menu. You can make all lists as per your convenience – public, private, or shared with other users.
Moreover, you can also make a group of lists so that anyone can add pins in it from your group.
It is available on Mobile and Desktop
The desktop app of Google maps comes with four methods by which you can share a dropped pin with the other users. Let us know more about them :
On the desktop, you can do the following tasks :
- First of all, you can Copy and paste the short link that is generally automatically generated so that you can share it with other people.
- Next, you can click on the Facebook icon in case you want to share the location directly with your network.
- After that, you can share this link of yours on Twitter by picking the Twitter icon.
- Now quickly record the HTML code to embed the map into a webpage.
Add a Label to a Dropped Pin
This is available on Mobile and Desktop
Moreover, labeling your dropped pins is not a tough task anymore. You can also label your pins directly with a custom word or phrase. These labels will help you to sync your google account as this will display on all Google maps versions.
How to Remove Dropped Pins
Now many users ask this question as well, as nobody is perfect. So many times, we dropped a pin at the wrong location, or we no longer want a pinned location anymore, so what to do in that case to avoid any congestion of more and more pinned places on Google maps?
Well, this is also very simple. you can remove a dropped pin easily whenever you want.
So to remove a pinned location from your Google map, you have to tap the X icon in the text box that appears at the top of the page. This remedy is for androids and iPhones. But in case you are using a desktop, then either click anywhere else on the map or press the X icon on the information box at the bottom of the screen.
Found informative, then Share it maximum with your friends and family.