If you want to locate a place to search for a specific street or discover available services nearby, like a gas station or salon, it’s simpler to use your smartphone than to open up a map.
Google empowers people with digital tools and applications meant to simplify lives. In this vein, Google Maps is one of the top Google applications and the preferred navigation app of many users because of its straightforward interface, features, and ability to provide clear and accurate instructions. This is why we can say with relative certainty that most people have used Google Maps at least once in their lives.
A core capability of Google Maps is the ability to plot points on the map. Google Maps lets you mark or save multiple locations using pins. You can use a pin to mark a place regardless of whether it has an address. In doing so, you can easily track things like sales, customers, store locations, and more. Additionally, pins can be used to create navigation routes easily.
Business owners, in particular, will find that using multiple pins on maps makes it easier for customers to locate their business addresses. It also enables them to display their list of locations while giving customers a broader view of the vicinity and allowing them to compare distances between addresses.
In this article, we will go over how you can pin multiple locations on Google Maps and how to embed your pinned map on a website.
- Navigate to https://www.google.co.nz/maps
- Ensure that you’re signed in to your Google account. To do this, click the Login button in the top-right corner.
- Go to the top-left corner next to the search box, and click the menu icon to expand the menu.
- Select “Your Places” from the menu. Next, click “Maps,” then click “Create Map” to edit your map.
- A new window will appear. Click “Untitled Map” and give a name and description for your map. Then click “Save.”
- You’ll now be able to pinpoint locations manually by selecting the marker icon and placing it onto the map. You can also search for locations using the search box at the top of the screen.
- If you’re manually adding locations, you can name the location and save it to the map. If you’re searching and then adding locations, you will see a green marker on the map, and then you can click the “Add to map” link.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 for all the locations you want to plot.
You can also change the color of the plot points on the map. This is a good way to organize your pins. In doing so, you’ll make it easier for viewers to understand what the pins represent. To do this, simply click on the icon under the heading “individual styles.”
If you want to share your map on your website, there are a few steps you’ll have to follow:
- Save your map and refresh the page.
- Ensure your map is public by clicking the “Share” button beneath the map name.
- Under the phrase “Who has access,” click “Change, then select “On-Public on the web” and save.
- Click the menu icon and select the link “Embed on my site.”
- A code will appear in a pop-up in a new window.
- Paste this code into a code block on your chosen web page.
- Republish your website.
You should now be able to see your map on your website.
Without a doubt, Google Maps is an extremely reliable navigation app. Of its many features is the ability to pin locations. This can be useful for personal, and business uses. For instance, business owners can use pins to show customers all their company locations. Additionally, these pinned maps can be embedded on websites for the further convenience of business owners and their customers.
Rupali Gupta is a blogger and professional writer who loves to write about technology and entertainment. Techzimo is one of her successful websites filled with great tech news, Know more about her on Youtube Facebook Twitter Linkedin Instagram