- The iPhone side button hangs up the call
- iOS 16 update brings a way to disable it
- The new feature works on iPhone 11 or above
Whenever you make or receive a call on your iPhone, you can press the Side button on your handset at any time to end the call. The feature is a convenient way to hang up calls for many. But there are some iPhone users who end up pressing that side button accidentally, resulting in an abrupt call ending.
With the latest iOS 16, iPhone users get an option to disable this default feature. Readers must note that the feature works for Apple iPhone 11 and above devices only.
How to disable it?
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap Accessibility.
- Under “Physical and Motor,” tap Touch.
- Toggle on the switch next to Prevent Lock to End Call.
- Look for ‘Physical and Motor’ here and then tap on Touch. If you accidentally press the side button during a call, this setting will make sure that it does not hang up the call.
In the future, if you accidentally press the Side button during a call, it won’t hang up the call. Bear in mind however that with Prevent Lock to End Call enabled, you’ll no longer be able to decline an incoming call by pressing the Side button twice.
Apple iOS 16 update adds many new functionalities. With the new software, iPhone users will be able to customize the font, color, and placement of elements on the lock screen on their iPhones.
Meanwhile, Apple’s iPhone 14 Plus is now on sale in India. Interested customers who were waiting for a long time to buy this flagship smartphone can purchase it starting today. The iPhone 14 Plus is available for purchase on various platforms including the Apple India store, Amazon, Flipkart, Croma, Unicron, and several other online and offline platforms in India.
Thanks for reading!!
Stay Connected for more latest updates