How to Temporarily Disable Instagram in 2023?
It’s 2023, and we all are entangled with Social Media Platforms. Instagram is the most popular Social networking platform that provides lots of unique features. You can even hide your followers from everyone. Every app has its own pros and cons. While for brand influencers, it is bliss, however, teens and youth and spending a lot of their precious time watching reels. Whether you want to detox yourself from Social Media to focus on your career, thankfully, Instagram provides you the feature to disable your account temporarily as well as permanently.
If you delete your Account permanently, it will remove all your content, and won’t be able to get it back. There could be several reasons for temporarily disabling your Instagram account. It could be due to Privacy concerns, mental health conditions, due to exams, or issues with productivity. In this detailed guide, we will learn How to temporarily Disable Instagram Account in a few clicks.
Temporarily disabling your Instagram Account gives you the option to reactivate it later. When you deactivate your account, your Photos, Profiles, Comments, and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it again. However, you can only disable your account only once a week.
How to Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account?
You cannot disable your account using the Instagram Application for Android, iOS, and Windows app. People cannot see your profile pictures whenever you temporarily disable your Instagram account. However, people can still drop messages, and you can read them after reactivating your Account. It is an easy process that can be done through a phone or PC browser. The steps are:
- First, open your device’s web browser and visit www.instagram.com.
- Enter your login credentials
- After that, open your Profile page and click “Edit Profile” to open the Account Setting page.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Temporary disable my account to deactivate your Account.
- Now choose a reason and enter the Password. After this, click on the red “Temporary disable Account” button.
- It will ask you to confirm this action. Click OK to Confirm.
How to Reactivate Instagram Account?
To reactivate your Instagram Account, you need to follow the steps below:
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your smartphone or visit www.instagram.com by opening the web browser.
- Log in with the same username and Password you are using. This will Activate and login to your Account.
How long will someone temporarily disable their Instagram Account?
You can temporarily disable your Instagram Account for up to 1 year. When you disable your Account, your Account, Profile Pictures, and Comments will stay hidden until you reactivate your account.
To temporarily deactivate your Instagram Account, follow the steps below:
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Go to your profile by tapping on the Profile Picture.
- Click on three horizontal lines.
- After that, tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Accounts
- Under Accounts, click on temporarily disable my Account
- It will ask you to select the reason for disabling your Account
- Choose it and tap on “Temporarily Disable my Account.”
To reactivate your Account, login back to your account using the same username and password.
If your Instagram app keeps on crashing, you can use these workarounds to solve the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What happens when you deactivate your Instagram Account?
When you deactivate your account, your Profile will disappear from Instagram. Thus other users won’t be able to see your Profile, Comments, likes, and posts. Your Direct Messages will be hidden. However, your Account data will not be deleted at all. When you reactivate your Account, all of your data will be restored.
Q2: How to permanently delete an Instagram account?
If you want to delete your Instagram Account permanently, you need to follow the steps below:
- First of all open the Instagram app and tap on the Profile icon
- After that click on the hamburger menu and tap on Settings
- Select Account
- After that, tap on Delete Account at the bottom
- It will notify you of the date after which you cannot retrieve your Account.
- Tap on the Continue Deleting Account option.
- It will ask you the reason why you want to delete your account. After that, re-enter your Password.
- Complete the process by tapping on Delete and OK.
Unfortunately, there is no option to delete your Instagram Account permanently from any Android device at the time of writing. If you are an Android user, you need to take the help of the browser of your device to delete your account. The steps are:
- First of all, open the web browser of your device and go to Instagram.com
- After that, log in to your Account by using your login credentials
- Now, visit the delete your Account page.
- It will ask you why you want to delete it. Choose any response from the drop-down menu.
- Once chosen, re-enter your password and click on Delete to permanently delete your Account.
Q3: Will Instagram delete my account if I deactivate it for several months?
No, Instagram will never delete your Account for several months or years. Until you reactivate your Instagram account again, your data will remain hidden from other users.
That’s how you can disable your Instagram Account easily. This feature is really helpful if you don’t want to delete your Account but keep it hidden and inactive until you are ready to use it again. Unfortunately, there’s no way to do so on any Android or iPhone. I hope you will find this post helpful and informative. Why did you decide to disable your Instagram Account? Do let us know in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading!! Stay Connected for more latest updates
A tech-freak self-motivated professional that thrives on innovation and overcoming challenges. She is a trained writer and scholarship holder. Went through with writing for a lot of big media houses. Writing is her all-time favorite job. Know more about her on facebook