How to track friends to live locations via Google Maps: Due to the power of technology and the provision of GPS-based services, tracking a person’s location of stay is a beneficial feature for a variety of tasks, including ensuring security for the duration of a trip or successfully coordinating a meetup. Google Maps, one of the most famous navigation apps, offers a simple and powerful way to track your friends’ live locations.
In this blog, we will guide you through the specific system of how to do this, in addition to asking your friends for location. Before you start tracking your friends’ live locations, make sure you have Google Maps installed on your smartphone.
The application is available for both Android and iOS gadgets and can be downloaded from their respective application stores. Once you have the latest version of Google Maps installed on your phone, follow the steps below to track friends’ live locations effectively.
Enable location services
To track someone’s live region, you need to enable region offering on your device and make sure your friends do the same. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your cellphone’s ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Places’.
- Toggle on the ‘Location’ switch and select ‘Area Services’.
- On the next page, select ‘Google Region Accuracy’ and allow it.
- Open your iPhone’s ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Privacy’.
- Select ‘Area Services’.
- Toggle on ‘Location Services’ transfer.
- Scroll down to ‘Google Maps’ and make sure it’s set to ‘Same as using the app’.
Request your friend to be around
Before you can track someone, you have to request their live location.
You can send a location-sharing request after sharing your personal location with them.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Google Maps for your device.
- Tap the profile icon (usually located in the upper-left corner) and select ‘Location sharing’ > ‘Proportional space’.
- Choose how long you want your zone to percentile (for example, 1 hour, until you turn it off, or a custom time).
- Select your friend’s touch call or enter their e-mail address and tap “Share.”
- After proportioning your space, you can request that your friend proportion their space with yours. Select the contact, then tap “Request.”
Your friend accepts the nearby request
When you send a location request to your friend, they’ll get a notification or an email invitation.
Here’s what they want to do:
- Open the messages or electronic mail they receive.
- Tap ‘Accept’ or ‘View region request’.
- This can open Google Maps, displaying your area request.
Start monitoring your friend’s live area
As soon as your friend accepts the region request, you can start tracking where they stay:
- Open Google Maps for your device.
- To get to your profile, just click on the icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Location Sharing’.
- You will see your friend’s calls and their location on the map in real-time.
- You can also check the expected time of arrival (ETA) to see if they are traveling somewhere.
Turn off location sharing (required)
If you want to stop sharing your location or leave a tracking session, follow these steps:
- Open Google Maps.
- Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) inside the top-left corner.
- Select ‘Nearby Sharing’.
- Select your friend’s name or the area request you sent.
- Tap ‘Stop sharing’.
Ensure privacy and security
Always share your place only with those people you trust, and remember that you have power over how long you share your place.
Additionally, you can prevent sharing at any moment to protect your privacy.
Hope you like today’s article on how to track friends to live locations via Google Maps. If you want to know more about it tell us in the comment section.