Apple has released iOS 15 today, bringing additional refinements and improvements to iPhone and iPad users. It introduces a ton of useful features including the controversial Safari redesign, MagSafe Battery Pack support, Shortcut actions, new icons, and more.
iOS 15 makes FaceTime calls more natural, introduces SharePlay for shared experiences. FaceTime now comes with Voice Isolation. The feature will help give out a clear voice from a person in a video call. It will reduce noise from the background. iMessage will let users quickly find articles, photos, and more that are shared in chats and group chats.
SharePlay lets you synchronize watching videos or listening to music with everyone in a FaceTime call. Users can just press play in Apple Music, Apple TV, or any third-party app that implements this feature. Another massive improvement to iOS 15, group chats now gain collages, as a way to easily display multiple images.
Devices that Supported iOS 15: Full list
The list of iPhone models compatible with the iOS 15 update comprises the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, and the iPhone SE (2020). The update will also be available for download on the iPod touch (7th generation) and will be preloaded on the iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, and the iPhone 13 mini.
Major Changes In The Latest update
- Updated Camera glyph on Lock Screen removes shutter button to match updated Camera app icon
- Updated Control Center Note shortcut icon
- Share Focus Status toggle for individual contacts
- New animated Smart Rotate and Widget Suggestions icons
- New extra large Podcasts widget on iPad
- The Return to Home Screen action for Shortcuts
- New icon for Notifications in Settings
- New toggle for disabling notification when using Screen Sharing or Screen Mirroring
- Rounded edges in App Store account page.
watchOS 8: Full list of eligible devices
The watchOS 8 update will continue to support Apple Watch Series 3 and above. Of course, the latest Watch Series 7 will run watchOS 8 out of the box. To use watchOS 8, users will also require iPhone 6s or later with iOS 15 or later.
How to download iOS 15?
The device should also have an adequate amount of battery charge, or plugged in and charging, to download the update.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select General settings.
- Tap on the Software Update option.
- Then click on the Upgrade to iOS 15 option.
- Select Download and install to begin the installation. You may be prompted to enter your passcode if you have one.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation. When your device reboots, it will be running iOS 15.
Thanks for Reading!!