Microsoft has announced that it’s launching its Xbox TV app on June 30th, which will allow users to play Xbox games without a game console. The company has partnered with Samsung to bring the new Xbox gaming experience to the manufacturer’s 2022 smart TVs. The new TV app is launching in 27 countries. Microsoft notes that it’s bringing the Xbox app to Samsung smart TVs first and that it plans to explore other TV partnerships in the future.
The company notes that playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung smart TVs gives Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members instant access to over 100 cloud-enabled games, including Xbox Game Studios titles on the same day they release. Fortnite will be available to stream for free even if you’re not a Game Pass Ultimate member.
Samsung leads the smart TV market with a 21.3% share, according to data from Informa Tech’s technology research subsidiary Omdia.
Microsoft Xbox app now on Smart TVs
Playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung Smart TVs gives Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members easy and instant access to over 100 high-quality games, including Xbox Game Studios titles on the same day they release. The Xbox app on Smart TVs presents new opportunities to play:
- If you are getting a new Samsung 2022 Smart TV, you will now have more ways to play games in your house.
- If you’re new to gaming, this is an easy way to get into the fun without needing to buy a PC or console and also to join a thriving community of over 25 million Game Pass members worldwide.
The move indicates Microsoft is focused on picking up revenue from gaming content and services, as opposed to just consoles, where the company is lagging behind Nintendo and Sony. Microsoft’s biggest splash in gaming came earlier this year when the company announced plans to buy game publisher Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion.
How does it work?
Playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung TVs will be a seamless experience, similar to using other streaming apps on your TV. Simply launch the app, connect your favorite controller, and start playing. Here’s the step-by-step guide:
- Access the Xbox app from the Samsung Gaming Hub and log into your existing Microsoft account. If you’re a Game Pass Ultimate member, you’ll have access to hundreds of cloud-enabled games or you can check out Fortnite without a membership.
- If you are new to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, join or upgrade today for just $1, or you can sign up directly in the app.
- Connect your favorite Bluetooth-enabled controllers like the Xbox Wireless Controller, Xbox Adaptive Controller, Elite Series 2 Controller, or the DualSense controller. Start playing over 100 high-quality games, from the cloud including A Plague Tale: Innocence, Hades, and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction.
Thanks for Reading!!