- Netflix introduces new “Downloads for You”Feature.
- The feature will automatically download show recommendations and movies based on viewer history.
- The Downloads for You feature is currently available only for Android users and on mobile devices.
- Users have to go to the Downloads tab and turn the toggle on for the “Downloads for You” option.
Hi readers!! There is good news for all Netflix users, now the company has added a new feature that is capable of automatically downloading the content for users on their handsets. The newly added feature is called Download for You. The platform continues to improve its offline watching options. Smart Download feature is capable of downloading the next episode of your favorite show.
How to Enable “Downloads for You” Feature on Netflix
This feature works only on WiFi and users can turn the toggle on for smart downloads by going to their Netflix app: Downloads > Smart downloads. Users can also tweak settings by going to the app settings.
- First, you need to open the Netflix app on your smartphone.
- Then go to the Download option.
- At the top, you can see Smart Download and below that, you can see Download for You.
- Toggle on the Download for You feature.
- You can also choose the amount of content downloaded on your device.
- Select 1GB, 3GB, or 5GB storage and tap on the Turn on button.
- Once you click the button you’re all set to roll.
According to the company, the feature is currently rolling out for Android users across the global market. On the other hand, Netflix claims that the feature will be soon tested on iOS devices as well.
Netflix will determine what its users want to watch by going through their Netflix watch history. This is one step further than just displaying suggestions for users. The Downloads for You feature will also come in handy to users who want to get access to more offline content on the go.
Thanks for reading!!
Share your valuable Suggestion about the company’s new feature in the comment section below.