Nothing is a brand new smartphone that launches a few months ago. With this smartphone, users are facing lots of issues. Now, Company arrives with its fourth OTA update for the Nothing Phone (1), the brand’s first and only smartphone right now. The new Nothing OS 1.1.4 update comes with a number of new feature additions, bug fixes, and changes.
Nothing CEO and Founder Carl Pei has announced the latest software update. The update is sized at 136MB and also includes the September Android security patch. The update rolls out globally.
This latest software update brings a new option to flip the 3-button navigation bar and adds the new Nothing-themed watermark to the camera app. Below you can check the complete details about this update. Here’s everything you need to know about the new OTA.
Nothing Phone OS 1.1.4 Update Changelog:
- New option to flip the 3-button navigation bar.
- All Ear (1) app features are now integrated into Nothing OS. Customize gesture controls and switch Noise Cancellation modes and more in Quick Settings and Settings.
- Now supports LHDC high-def audio.
- New option to add a Nothing-themed watermark to the camera app.
- Improved ultra-wide camera color calibration and increased color consistency between main and ultra-wide sensors.
- A new motion detection algorithm was added for improved stability when shooting moving objects.
- Increased shooting speed when using HDR in ultra-wide mode*
- Updated to September Security Patch
- Reduced battery consumption for Always On Display and other use cases.
- Improved thermal performance.
- New UI for system updates.
- Improved Face Unlock algorithm.
- Fixed network issues for certain carriers.
- Fixed an issue causing incoming calls to show up as Unknown Contact.
- It fixes the HDFC Bank app fingerprint issue
- General bug fixes.
Those who use the Nothing ear (1) earbuds will also be delighted to know that the update comes with better integration for the earbuds. Users can now customize gestures, switch noise cancellation modes, and more straight from the Quick Settings, with more options available in the Settings app. The update also adds support for the LHDC high-definition sound codec.
How to install the update?
On your Nothing Phone (1), head to the Settings app and navigate to System/ System Update and you should see a prompt to update the phone to Nothing OS 1.1.4 along with a changelog. Make sure you have at least 50% battery to avoid any problems and download the update and restart your phone when prompted to install it. When the phone boots up, you should have Nothing OS 1.1.4 installed.
Thanks for reading!!