- Snapchat Launches Harry Potter Lens to celebrate the 20th Anniversary.
- The new Snapchat lens has been launched to promote the upcoming Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament.
- Users will be able to digitally dress like the students in Hogwarts.
It’s been an exciting month so far with all the celebrations taking place in honor of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone‘s 20th anniversary. Currently, we’re looking forward to the upcoming four-part competition series Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament of Houses, of which the first episode will be airing on December 12 on Cartoon Network and TBS.
Now, Snapchat has jumped in on the fun and created a new Harry Potter Lens to allow fans to feel like they are a part of this special occasion. The photos sharing application Snapchat has recently partnered with Warner Bros. to launch a new Snapchat lens The new Snapchat Harry Potter Lens will dress users as the members of the four popular houses in the popular school of magic and witchcraft.
How to get a Harry Potter lens on Snapchat?
Snapchat users will be able to say things like “Go-Go Gryffindor,” and “Take a Snap,” to virtually dress up, and send photos to their like-minded Potter friends in the lead-up to the show. Follow these simple steps to use the new Harry Potter lens on Snapchat:
- Open the Snapchat Camera.
- Take a picture of the Harry Potter Snapcode, or discover within the Snap Lens Carousel in the lead-up to the premier.
- Tap the microphone button to enable voice commands.
- Tap the prompt above your head, i.e., “Tap to Change House,” to trigger phrase suggestions like: “Say Go Go Gryffindor”, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin. Say which house you’re in, and watch your festive house colors, attire, and face paint transform you.
You can now add tweets to your snaps. If you want to share a tweet to Snapchat, press the share button on a public tweet and select the Snapchat icon from the share carousel. You can then create a snap as usual with a selected tweet as a sticker that you can manipulate. You can then share the snap or add it to your story.
Thanks for Reading!!