Pictures are irreplaceable parts of design projects. They can help you explain complicated things, attract your target audience’s attention, and show your brand values. Designers spend time searching for engaging images that fit their projects and styles.
However, a picture background frequently becomes a stumbling block, as it can distract users from the main product or poorly fit the entire design. Therefore, creators often remove and edit them using various tools for easy manipulation. In this article, you will discover popular apps and websites to edit photo backgrounds, and learn their main features. Read on!
A few years ago, you’d have to handle Photoshop with its complicated functionalities to remove and change your picture background. Professional designers still use specialized software to manipulate images and create mockups for their projects. However, an ordinary user may find it difficult to edit photos on a PC while mastering Photoshop, as it requires specific skills and time. For example, you should use the Pen tool and accurately replicate an object’s lines to select the needed part of the picture. One wrong move, and you have to start all over again.
Designers and content creators can consider various web and mobile tools that automatically erase backgrounds from pictures. Such BG removers employ modern, AI-based technologies and automatically identify image foregrounds and backgrounds to separate them. You don’t need to do any manual manipulations to edit your picture backdrop.
To edit your picture, you can use free web-based background removers. Just visit a tool’s official website from your electronic device, upload the needed image, and get processed background-free results in just a few seconds.
The Depositphotos stock content marketplace provides an entirely free tool for removing BG. This AI-powered eraser allows you to process even highly-detailed photos in a few seconds. With the Depositphotos Background Remover, you can eliminate backgrounds from pictures of people, objects, animals, and illustrations. The tool supports JPG, JPEG, and PNG visuals weighing up to 15 MB maximum. You can also edit the processed picture using the Restore and Erase brushes. The BG remover is free, and it preserves the original HD quality of images for downloading. However, to download your backgroundless photos, you have to create a free account.
To use the Depositphotos online background removal tool, follow these steps:
- Access the tool’s official webpage by the link: https://depositphotos.com/bgremover.html.
- Click the Upload Image button, or drag and drop your file onto the page.
- Preview the processed photo.
- Click the Edit button, and use the Restore and Erase brushes to make additional adjustments.
- Click the Download button to save your result in HD quality.
Slazzer BG removal tool is an automated AI-powered solution that detects foreground layers and separates them from the background. You can edit, blur, or change the resulting picture’s background after its processing. The tool supports images in JPG, JPEG, and PNG formats with a maximum file size of 12 MB. The free plan allows you to download results only in standard resolution. To get an HD-quality picture, you must purchase credits or a subscription plan.
How to use Slazzer for removing and editing picture backgrounds:
- Visit the Slazzer official website.
- Upload an image, drag and drop your file, or paste it using the combination on your keyboard.
- Assess the result and click the Edit button to make adjustments and change the background.
- Click the Download button to get a standard-quality picture on your device.
Remove.bg is an online photo background remover that can process pictures in five seconds with one click. The tool also provides extra features to blur and change image backgrounds automatically. You can choose default templates or solid colors as your new background. Remove.bg allows uploading JPG, JPEG, and PNG pictures weighing up to 12 MB. It also offers pay-as-you-go credits so that you can download images in HD quality. The free version doesn’t preserve full resolution, allowing you to download the result in standard, good quality (up to 0.25 megapixels).
Follow these steps to remove and edit your picture background with Remove.bg:
- Go to the Remove.bg official site.
- Click the Upload Image button, drop your file directly onto the page, or paste the URL.
- Inspect the processed image, and choose the Edit option to manipulate the result manually.
- Click on the Download button to save a standard-quality picture.
To always keep tools for removing and editing picture backgrounds on hand, you can install dedicated applications on your device. Generally, they offer advanced functionality to manipulate images for your future designs. Check out some of these apps below.
PhotoRoom is a mobile app for picture editing with an inbuilt background removal option. After processing your image, you can do various creative projects. You can make avatars, blur photos, change image size for different social media posts, design marketplace product cards, and create magazine covers in just one tap. The app offers templates for any marketing and personal tasks. You can purchase a subscription to save designs without watermarks, process up to 10 pictures simultaneously, and get new PRO presets.
How do you use PhotoRoom?
- Install the application on your device and create an account.
- Choose a picture to remove its background.
- Preview the result and select templates for your image.
- Edit the processed photo.
- Tap the Export button to save the results on your electronic device, or share it on your social media.
This app helps designers and eCommerce companies remove and change image backgrounds easily. You can find simple templates to create product cards. The free version allows creating a transparent picture or changing its background to a solid color. In the PRO plan, you can find the batch processing option allowing you to manipulate up to 30 images at once. After editing your pictures, you can adapt their sizes to product card requirements for popular marketplaces like Etsy, eBay, and Shopify.
How to delete and edit picture backgrounds in the PicWish app:
- Download the app.
- Tap on the Photos button and select a picture from your folder.
- Wait until your photo is processed and preview the result.
- Tap on the picture to browse and select a new background.
- Tap on the Download option, and select the picture quality and file type to save the processed image on your device.
Vyro.ai Background Changer & Eraser allows you to automatically remove the background from your picture and set a new one. It offers multiple free presets so that you can quickly create profile photos and abstract, spiral, gradient, vintage, and floral designs. You can also search for thematic backgrounds in the app’s library, crop your image, apply various filters, overlay objects, and add stickers. To save HD-quality, PNG formatted designs, you must purchase the PRO version. The app also allows sharing results on social media.
Follow these steps to process pictures using Vyro.ai Background Changer & Eraser:
- Install the application on your device.
- Open the app and click on the camera icon to take a picture, or add an existing image from your photo gallery.
- Wait a few seconds for the system to process your image and assess the result.
- Flip through the catalog and select a new background for your design.
- Tap the Edit icon to make any additional changes.
- Tap on the Download button to save the processed picture on your device.
To create visuals for your commercial designs and personal projects, you don’t need to manually remove a background from a picture in Photoshop. You can use various web-based and mobile tools for such purposes. With the help of AI-based technology, programs can quickly identify the foreground and isolate it from the background with no additional manipulations. Background removers offer different features and terms, so you can easily choose one that suits your needs and goals. Use backgroundless pictures to design creative avatars, presentations, mockups, marketing materials, and personal projects.