- Twitter is Testing a New Tool for Reporting Misinformation.
- The new feature became available to small groups of users.
- The users will find the option to flag a Tweet as misleading” after clicking on Report Tweet.
Twitter is finally giving users an easy way to report misleading tweets. The company will begin a pilot test to let users flag tweets they believe contain misleading content. The Company has not disclosed how many users will be included in the test group.
If you’re an eligible user, you’ll find the option after clicking the “…” on the right corner of the offending tweet. Then click “Report Tweet.” An option will appear enabling you to report the tweet as misleading. Twitter will then ask you if the tweet is misleading because it’s related to politics, health, or something else. If you click politics, the company will inquire if the alleged misinformation is tied to an election; if you click health, Twitter will ask if it’s about COVID-19.
Twitter officials said:
“We’re testing a feature for you to report Tweets that seem misleading. We’re assessing if this is an effective approach so we’re starting small. We may not take action on and cannot respond to each report in the experiment, but your input will help us identify trends so that we can improve the speed and scale of our broader misinformation work”.
Social media companies have increasingly come under criticism for facilitating the spread of political misinformation during recent election cycles and, more recently, the proliferation of Covid-19 and anti-vaccine misinformation. Twitter’s new feature follows the footsteps of platforms such as Facebook, which also lets users report false information pertaining to health, politics, or social issues.
How to report multiple components of a Moment for violations:
- Visit the Moments reporting form.
- Enter the Moment URL that you would like to report.
- Select the type of issue you’d like to report to us.
- Provide us with up to 5 Tweets within the Moment that may be in violation.
- Once you’ve submitted your report, They will provide recommendations for actions you can take to improve your Twitter experience.
Thanks for Reading!!