- Twitter now supports Apple and Google sign-in options.
- The new login method will bypass passwords for linked accounts.
- The current version of the Twitter for Mac desktop app doesn’t seem to support either login method.
Twitter is enabling third-party sign up to let users directly create an account with either their Google account or their Apple ID. Currently, the micro-blogging platform lets users sign up via their email and phone number that further gets verified through a confirmation link or OTP, respectively. The new update essentially means that users will not be required to fill the sign-up form and can bypass the process by clicking on the sign-in with Gmail account button.
To use Sign in with Apple, you need to use two-factor authentication and be signed in to iCloud with that Apple ID on your Apple device. Apple first launched this platform at WWDC 2019, touting it as a tracking-free way of signing in to apps and services.
Twitter tweeted from its official Support account.
“Sign on with ease and start scrolling your timeline. Now, when you log in or sign up to join the conversation on Twitter, you have the option to use: Your Google Account on the app and on the web Or your Apple ID on iOS, and soon on web.”
How to Link Twitter to a Google Account?
- Navigate to your Google profile and sign in to your Google account.
- Click “Other Profiles” and then click “Manage connected accounts.”
- Click “Connect an account” and select “Twitter.
- “Enter your Twitter username and click “Add.”
- Click the checkbox beside Show on my public Google profile, if you want the link to your Twitter account to be visible on your Google page.
How to sign up for a Twitter account with Apple?
- Go to twitter.com.
- Click on Continue with Apple.
- A Create your account pop-up box will appear.
- Use your Apple ID to sign in to Twitter.
- In the Customize your experience pop-up box, check whether you’d like to track where you see Twitter content across the web and click Next.
- After that, click on submit button and complete your profile and enjoy.
Thanks for Reading!!