Fascinated by the popular Rotoscope Filter on TikTok? TikTok is the most popular platform. TikTok allows you to transform your video into something incredible with just a few clicks. The Rotoscope filter is originally created by @icetut on TikTok. His Rotoscope edit video gets over 49 million views. After that, TikTok decided to turn the animation into a filter/effect. Since then, this filter is used by thousands of people every day. In this guide, you’ll learn how to use the Rotoscope filter/effect on TikTok and how to remove it.
What is the Rotoscope Filter on TikTok?
Rotoscope filter is a new filter on TikTok which was introduced on TikTok around early 2022. The Rotoscope filter is turning TikTokers into colorful head-banging cartoons. This fun TikTok filter allows you to instantly Rotoscope yourself into a colorful, dancing silhouette
The Rotoscoping trend got started by the user @icetut, who went viral for a video where he used the animation technique on himself. He appears as the real version of himself in the clip, but when the beat drops, he becomes a cartoon.
TikTok created the filter soon after, allowing every user to join in on the fun. The Rotoscope effect is very simple to apply. But it needs quiet creativity. People can use this filter while busting out serious dance routines, doing household chores, or seeing how it looks on your friends/family. You can also utilize the Rotoscope effect with whatever song you choose
Things to keep in mind before using a Rotoscope Filter
- This filter uses a flash of light to trigger seizures. So, If you’re photosensitive, it’s highly recommended that you avoid using the filter.
- This filter only works if you’re standing away from your phone.
- If you’re too close to your phone, it’ll only be able to detect your face. As a result, the filter will only be applied to your face and not your body. So make sure you should stand away from your phone before you record yourself.
If you are wondering how to add a Rotoscope filter in TikTok, scroll down!
How to add a rotoscope filter in TikTok?
Follow these steps if you want to add a rotoscope filter on TikTok:
Step 1. Go To The TikTok Application
Open the TikTok Application on your mobile phone.
Step 2. Click On the “Discover” Option
On the homepage, you will see Discover Option. Choose the Discover Option.
Step 3. Search “Rotoscope”
Once you choose the discover option a search bar will be visible on your screen. Tap on the search bar. Type Rotoscope in the search bar.
Tap on the search icon and the TikTok algorithm will start searching for the Rotoscope filter.
Step 4. Choose “Rotoscope” Under “Effects”
Once you search for the Rotoscope filter in TikTok you will see the Rotoscope option under the effects. Choose the Rotoscope option.
Step 5. Click On “Try This Effect”
As soon as you choose the Rotoscope option a pop-up will present on your screen showing an option like Try This Effect. Tap on the Try This Effect option and this effect will be chosen for your video shooting.
Step 6. Start Recording A Video
On the TikTok homepage, you will see an option to record a video. Choose that option. After choosing that option a video shooting aid will open where you can see and record yourself in the video.
Once you have chosen the Rotoscope filter and the video recording is on then you need to properly activate this filter. Nod in front of the camera to activate the filter.
Step 8. Shoot Yourself And Post The Video.
After activating the filter perform your content and the filter will automatically trace your motions. Shoot your complete video, and save it as a draft.
Edit it out as you wish and your video is ready to be published.
The only downside is that you can’t nod your head again to go back to the standard video style, so be cautious not to do so until you’re prepared for the effect to begin.
How to remove the Rotoscope filter on TikTok
Want to create a normal video on Tiktok? For this, you need to remove the Rotoscope filter on TikTok. To remove the filter, you must first record a video of yourself using the filter. After that, tap on the record button to pause the video.
When the video gets paused, tap on “Effects”, and tap on the cancel icon. The Rotoscope will be removed after you’ve tapped on the cancel icon.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to remove the filter from other people’s videos. Here’s how to remove the Rotoscope filter on TikTok:
Step1. Record a video of yourself using the filter
The first step is to record yourself using the Rotoscope filter.
- First of all, open TikTok and log in to your account.
- Once you’re on TikTok, tap on “Discover”, and search for “Rotoscope”.
- After you’ve searched for “Rotoscope”, tap on the “Rotoscope” effect, and tap on “Try this effect”.
- Then, record a video of yourself with the effect.
- To use the effect, you need to nod your head once.
Tap on the record button again to pause the recording.
Step 2. Tap on “Effects”
- After pausing the recording, it’s time to remove the Rotoscope filter.
- To do so, you need to either remove the filter or use another filter.
- Next to the record button, you’ll see an “Effects” icon.
- Tap on “Effects” to open the “Effects” menu.
Step 3. Tap on the cancel icon
- When you tap on Effects icon, the effects menu will open.
- Now, you’ll see a list of effects that you can choose from.
- The current effect that you’re using will contain a red border.
- Now, you can either remove the current filter that you’re using or select a new filter.
- To remove the current filter that you’re using, tap on the cancel icon.
- By tapping on the cancel icon, the Rotoscope filter will be removed.
- This means that you’ll be able to continue recording the video without the Rotoscope effect.
- You can select a new filter to continue recording the video with.
- Once you’re done, preview the video and post it to TikTok!
Can you remove the Rotoscope filter on someone else’s video?
Rotoscope filters can be applied to both live-action and animated video footage and you can remove the filter on your own video if it’s still in the editing process. It is not possible to remove the filter from someone else’s video, however.
Well, this is all about Rotoscope Filter. We tried to mention everything about Rotoscope Filter. I hope you will find this post informative and helpful. Share this post with your buddies.
Thanks for reading!!