What Is Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Car insurance is mandatory in India and all car owners must own third-party insurance. With third-party insurance, one will be covered from liabilities to third parties alone. In case of an accident, claims for personal damage are not covered. Therefore, comprehensive car insurance is useful, and this policy provides the policyholder with wide coverage. Read further to understand this policy in detail.
What Is Comprehensive Car Insurance?
While third-party car insurance only covers liabilities towards third parties, a comprehensive car insurance policy is an extensive motor insurance plan that covers the policyholder against both own damages as well as third-party liabilities. This type of insurance provides the best coverage, and it has various benefits. Policyholders can enhance and make the best use of the policy by including add-on covers and making use of discounts
Who Should Buy Comprehensive Car Insurance?
- New Car Owner – People who have bought a car for the first time should consider buying comprehensive car insurance to safeguard their new investment
- Owner of a Fancy Car – Fancy cars such as BMW and Audi are very expensive and if damaged or stolen can cost a lot to repair or replace. A person who owns a fancy car should consider opting for a comprehensive car insurance policy to keep the car financially secure
- Road Tripper – If a person travels a lot by road, it is important to own this policy since one can safeguard themselves from expenses in case of any unfortunate indecent while driving
- If a Person Lives in a City – The traffic in cities is terrible and people drive very rashly. Nobody can foresee accidents but, this policy will be of great help to people living in metropolitan cities
- Overprotective Car Owner – If you care too much about your car and value it, this policy will help feel secure
What Is Covered?
- Accidents are covered
- Theft or burglary is covered
- Damage caused due to fire or explosion
- Damages caused by natural disasters such as earthquakes, tsunami, cyclones, etc
- Damages caused due to riots and strikes
- Terrorist activities
- Personal or own damages are borne by the insurance company
- Third-party liabilities are covered
What Is Not Covered?
- Driving when under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Damage caused during the war
- Damage incurred when the policy is not active
- Damages due to regular wear and tear
- Driving without a valid license
- A claim regarding personal items in the car will not be covered
- Regular service of the car is not covered
- Damage caused due to negligence of the car owner is not covered
Add-on covers to increase the scope of the policy and help enhance the policy. One would have to pay an extra premium to include an add-on cover. There are several add-ons available, remember to get these covers only if necessary. Below are some common add-on covers available:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Engine Protection Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Hydro Static Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Personal Belongings Cover
Though comprehensive car insurance is not mandatory like third-party insurance, it is highly recommended that people opt for this policy. It provides monetary aid in times of distress and covers one legally for third-party damages too. All car owners must consider upgrading to comprehensive insurance. Click here to know more about comprehensive car insurance!
Rupali Gupta is a blogger and professional writer who loves to write about technology and entertainment. Techzimo is one of her successful websites filled with great tech news, Know more about her on Youtube Facebook Twitter Linkedin Instagram