- You will have to first link your bank account to WhatsApp Pay.
- The bank account balance can be viewed either from settings or from the payment message screen.
- To view your account balance, you will need to input the UPI PIN.
WhatsApp users, here comes a wonderful piece of news for you. If you are an active WhatsApp user, you can now use the instant messaging service app to conduct financial transactions like sending money and checking bank account balance. The bank account balance can be viewed either from settings or from the payment message screen. To view your account balance, you will need to input the UPI PIN.
Last year, the app introduced UPI payments ‘WhatsApp Pay’ in India to facilitate online payments just like any other UPI payment application such as Google Pay or Paytm. To avail of WhatsApp Pay services, users are required to add a bank account to it.
How to check a bank account balance on WhatsApp?
There are two methods to check bank balance using the WhatsApp Payments feature.
- Go to the Payments mobile app on WhatsApp and find the particular bank account in the list of linked accounts.
- After selecting the bank account, click on View Account Balance option.
- Enter your UPI PIN code to authenticate the use of the bank account service.
- Once you have submitted the UPI PIN, check your bank account balance visible on the screen.
You can also check your account balance while sending money from the payment message screen. Follow the steps below to check your balance.
- From the payment message screen, tap on the available payment method.
- Select the View Account Balance option.
- Select the relevant account from your list of linked bank accounts.
- Verification by entering the UPI PIN code.
- Check the account balance displayed on mobile.
Some banks also offer free banking services to customers over WhatsApp. Save the contact of the WhatsApp chatbot number associated with your bank and send a ‘Hi’ message. A menu of services will be prompted in the chatbox that will include viewing your account balance option. Respond with the selection to view your account balance.
Thanks for Reading!!