- Zoom’s live captioning feature will soon work with 30 languages.
- It’s also adding live translation support for 12 languages.
- The company is also working on an expanded Whiteboard experience.
Zoom Video Communications is rolling out a platform overhaul that brings video to contact centers, whiteboard collaboration, and technology called Zoom Rooms Smart Gallery that aims to bridge the conference room and remote worker divide. Eric Yuan, CEO of Zoom, said the company has released hundreds of new features and has been focusing on more visual brainstorming tools and artificial intelligence.
The shared VR meeting space will be able to host video meetings and connect to Zoom Whiteboard. Zoom Whiteboard is designed to be a digital canvas that can be used in real-time and asynchronous. You can pin a Zoom Whiteboard to your virtual desk or to the wall for everyone to see, and draw along with colleagues attending a meeting through a traditional computer.
Zoom will use artificial intelligence (AI)-powered algorithms and machine learning (ML) to transcribe what a speaker is saying into text. The company said in a blog post, “We’re planning to extend Zoom’s automated transcription to 30 languages and add live translation to 12 languages in the next year.”
Other exciting feature updates coming this month:
- “Next slide, please”: With a setting similar to remote control, multiple people can control the slides, eliminating the need for a verbal cue.
- Waiting Room two-way chat: Update meeting participants all at once with messaging capabilities in the Waiting Room.
- In-meeting chat emojis: Use emojis in the meeting chat just as you would in your persistent Zoom Chat.
Within the next few months, They are adding a new toggle view for Zoom Chat channels. Huddle view will give you a visual representation of a channel, giving teams a sense of togetherness while they chat and collaborate.
Zoom is making it easier to collaborate before, during, and after a meeting. With the ability to seamlessly access and send content that was shared in a meeting, such as in-meeting chats, files, and videos, and access to integrations with file sharing solutions, you can easily collaborate on documents and projects without leaving the Zoom client.
Thanks for Reading!!