Microsoft Windows 11 launches with the ability to run Android apps. Now, users can download Android apps on their Windows 11 PCs. Users can download Android apps on Windows PC via the Amazon Appstore, which is available on the Microsoft Store.
Android apps for Windows 11 are expected to officially launch later this month, but an early Windows 11 preview build offers a sneak peek of what you can expect with apps supplied by the Amazon Appstore. About 48 apps will be available from the Amazon Appstore app at launch.
For this, you need an Amazon Account. According to reports, there are more than 1,000 Android apps are ready for installation on Windows 11 PCs. Before downloading Android apps, users need to make sure they are on the latest version of Windows 11 (public preview build 1.8.32837.0). Users also need a separate Amazon Appstore in order to download Android apps on their PCs.
Android app requirements for Windows 11
For now, you’ll need a Windows 11 PC that’s either part of the Windows Insider Dev Channel or Beta Channel. (Technically, you’ll only need to have a PC running version Windows 11 22000.00 or higher, but the Amazon Appstore app responsible for facilitating Android apps doesn’t yet show up on the Microsoft Store app running on that, the stable version.) We’d expect this setup process to be nearly identical to what Microsoft will offer all PCs.
The hardware requirements line up with what Windows 11 requires: Essentially, an 8th-gen Intel Core chip, AMD Ryzen 3000, or a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c, along with newer chips from those vendors.
How to install Android apps on your Windows 11 PC
- Go to the Microsoft Store located on the Taskbar. You can also go to the Start menu and search for the Microsoft Store.
- Search for Amazon App Store on the Microsoft Store. Begin the installation process by agreeing to enable a “Virtualisation” in your BIOS.
- You will see a popup appear asking you to download something called Windows Subsystem for Android. Click on Download.
- When it asks you to let the app make changes, click Yes.
- Once finished downloading, open Amazon Appstore in the popup.
- After a short loading screen, you will have to sign in with your Amazon account.
How to install Android apps (Google Play) on your PC
Installing Google Play inside of your Windows 11 Android subsystem is far more complicated and requires downloading custom APK files from a third party. If you’re an advanced user and don’t mind the risks associated with downloading a third-party installer, then you can go for it. Otherwise, we simply wouldn’t recommend it.
Thanks for reading!!
Stay connected for more latest updates