Hey, Gamers! Want to know how to Add Bots to your Discord Server? Then you are in the perfect place. Here, you gonna get easy step by step guide outlines to add bots to your server. To know this, scroll down.
Discord is a free chat service for gamers. One of the best ways of getting in touch with people who share the same interests and passions in gaming is definitely Discord. It gives users access to tools focused around communication services like voice and video calls, persistent chat rooms, and integrations with other gamer-focused services.
The app is really easy to use. It is really powerful software. It provides lots of features to the gamers. But besides this, there is an opportunity to add more features according to your liking. This can be done by adding Bots to your Discord server.
What are Discord Bots?
Some people who are fairly new to Discord might not be familiar with bots and how exactly they function. Well, let me introduce you to the wonderful world of discord bots.
A website that has a helpful chat window immediately opens up offering to talk with you about their product or service; that’s a bot. Bots are simply computer programs that interact with human beings to perform certain functions automatically. They can do anything from managing your channels to adding fun games your server members can play.
Now, you might be thinking that why it’s necessary to have bots in their Discord server?
Adding bots to your Discord server helps you to make your server a little more unique and fun. Bots will automate a lot of functions on the server, such as welcome messages to new members and assigning new roles to them.
Where to find Bots?
Generally, there are two ways to get Bots for their Disord Server – Create your own Bots, Get paid bots from the top listed websites.
For creating your Bots You need to have knowledge of coding. If someone knows to code, he/she will create bots according to their need and totally free of costs.
But almost 10 percent of people know how to code. Then, what about the other 90% of people?
Alternatively, there are tons of websites that list out some of the most popular and highly rated bots in the Discord community. Just doing a quick Google search of “Discord bots” will bring you to many good sources.
The most common source is top.GG. This is a site I’ve used many times. It provides many amazing bots for you to use. Other websites are:
Note: Adding bots to a server requires you to have “Manage Server” permissions on the server you’re adding the bot to.
Adding Bots To Your Discord Server
Adding Bots to your Discord server can be a lengthy process the first time around. Once you get a hang of it, it’s actually quite simple.
Step 1 – Turn On Administrator Access
- First, select the server you’d like to add the bot to.
- Now, Choose the drop-down menu.
- Tap “Server Settings”
- Tap “Roles”
- Scroll down to the General Permissions setting and toggle “Administrator” on
- Click “Save Changes”
Step 2 – Select the appropriate Bot
- Find the Bot that you’ll add to your server and login using your Discord credentials.
- Tap “Invite” or “Add Bot”, then tap on the server you’d like to add the Bot to.
- Follow the prompts – This will take you through a series of permissions
- Click on Authorize the Bot. a page will ask you to check that you’re not a robot, and then you’re set! The bot is now in your server and ready to be utilized and complete the Captcha.
- Following the prompts will make the installation successful.
Step 3 – Give A Bot A Title
It is totally optional. At this point, the bot should be on the server it was invited to. For server organization purposes, it’s recommended to create a brand new role for the bot in the Server Settings menu.
Some Popular Discord Bots
Here is a list of some of the more popular Discord bots and why you might want to add them.
One popular Bot is Dyno. It is a full-featured bot with moderation features, music playing abilities. It’s been added to more than 1.4 million Discord servers, so it’s kind of popular.
Groovy is a music bot that supports Spotify, YouTube, and Soundcloud.
A translator is a multilingual bot that provides instant translation between more than 100 languages.
Dank Member displays memes and has a variety of other meme-related features.
RickBot offers more than 4500 custom soundboards.
Nadeko plays games offer to gamble and have administration tools.
Well, this is all about How to add Discord Bots. I hope, you will find it informative. Share your Valuable feedback in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading!