Apple released iOS 13.5.1 on June 1, 2020. What new in this update? Should you go for this or avoid it? If you are trying to find answers to these questions, go through the article below and read everything about iOS 13.5.1. Alongwith iOS 13.5.1, Apple is also delivering watchOS 6.2.6, iPadOS 13.5.1, and updates to HomePod and Apple TV. The updates will be accessible to all users soon.
The upgraded iOS 13.5.1 is available for all iOS-13 compatible devices means iPhone 6s or newer. Also, it is compatible with the 7th generation iPad touch. An automatic notification will reach you about updates. IF you haven’t received or missed it, you can go for a manual procedure.
Go to settings then head to general settings and click on Software Update.
News for Jailbreakers: iOS 13.5.1
With the release of this new update concerned mainly to security issues, I have something for jailbreakers. If you are going to install the update, your jailbroken phone will break again and make your phone more secure. The main idea here is Apple not only focused on Jailbreak but to the vulnerability behind it as well.
Apple describes the fix as beginning from “a memory consumption issue” and reinforces a successful hack would enable an attacker to “execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges”. Kernel privileges grant complete control over the operating system, so it’s a big deal.
- Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch 7th generation
- Impression: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges
- Explanation: A memory consumption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.
- CVE-2020-9859: unc0ver
This is al about this new release iOS 13.5.1. Other than this no new features, no tweaks, no additional security updates, and no bug fixes are mentioned. This really disappointed some users. So I would say, if you are a jailbreaker, you should ignore this update.
How to Upgrade your device Wirelessly?
If you receive a notification mentioning, “Updates are available, TAP to download”, follow the steps below to update your phone.
- Connect your device to power and a stable wifi connection.
- Go to settings -> general settings -> press on software update
- Click on download. Meanwhile, if you get an error message to remove apps, either press “continue” or “cancel”. You can also manually remove apps.
- Now click on install or “later”
- It may then asks you to enter your passcode. If you forget the passcode, get guidelines from the apple support page.
Finally, restart your device and enjoy the new update.
If you want the new updates should automatically be installed on your device then you need to change some settings. For that, follow the steps below.
- Go to settings
- Move to general settings.
- Scroll down to System Updates, click on it.
- Finally, press Automatic Updates.
Some updates only are installed manually so these settings will not work there.
How to update your mobile using a computer?
The third way is to update your device using a computer. Follow the steps below:
- Connect your computer to power and a stable wifi connection or ethernet.
- Open Finder on a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15
- Open iTunes, on a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier.
- Now, Connect your device to your computer.
- Find your device on your computer.
- The Click on General Settings, then click Check for Update.
- Press download and Install.
- Enter passcode if required.
Here Also, if you get an error message regarding space, manually clear up your device.
POINT TO REMEMBER: Before you update your device, make sure to backup your device.
Apple has released the beta version 13.5.5 and I hope in future we will get more updates for iOS 13 compatible devices. Stay connected to us for more updates.
Easily update your device by the above shared comprehensive guide about iOS 13.5.1 update. Share with your friends and family.
Mention in comments if you need to know anything more.
Thanks for reading!