- Apple Music Lossless and Spatial Audio have now started rolling out for Apple device users in India.
- The company has the intention of matching -Tidal, Amazon Music HD.
- Apple Music pays artists an average of $0.01 per stream.
Apple Music is making its biggest advancement ever in sound quality, “Listening to a song in Dolby Atmos is like magic”. Now they are providing a truly innovative and immersive experience to listeners with music from their favorite artists like J Balvin, Gustavo Dudamel, Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Kacey Musgraves and so many more at no extra cost. Subscribers will also be able to listen to their music in the highest audio quality with Lossless Audio in India.”
The move is clearly aimed at Spotify, the world’s most popular music streaming service. Earlier this year, Spotify announced its premium “HiFi” tier, allowing music listeners to experience more depth and clarity in their songs.
What is lossless audio compression?
Most audio compression techniques lose some amount of data contained in the original source file. A lossless compression is a form of compression that preserves all of the original data.
Apple has developed its own lossless audio compression technology called Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC). In addition to AAC, the entire Apple Music catalog is now also encoded using ALAC in resolutions ranging from 16-bit/44.1 kHz (CD Quality) up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
How to listen to Apple Music lossless on your iPhone or iPad?
What do you need?
You can listen to lossless on an iPhone or iPad updated to iOS or iPadOS 14.6 using:
- A wired connection to headphones, receivers, or powered speakers
- The built-in speakers
- To listen to songs at sample rates higher than 48 kHz, you need an external digital-to-analog converter.
How to turn lossless on or off on Apple Music
- Go to Settings > Music.
- Tap Audio Quality.
- Tap Lossless to turn it on or off. From here, you can choose the audio quality for streaming and downloading audio.
- Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/48 kHz
- Hi-Res Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/192 kHz.
Thanks for Reading!!