100% Working Ways to Fix Instagram Camera Not Working Issue
Instagram is the enormously popular Social Media Platform that is snowballing over the Internet. This photo-sharing application lets the users have their own Profile which is either Private or Public. Users can post their photographs and videos on their profiles, and gain followers in return. Throughout the years this application has adopted several changes that include digital filters along with a range of editing tools that allow users to take perfect selfies. To post a Story, you need to access Instagram Camera. So on the whole, Instagram Camera is the star of the app. However many users have reported that their Instagram Camera is not working.
According to the reports, when users swipe right to the feed the app crashes instead of opening the Camera. Just like other Android apps, Instagram also runs problems. Presently three are more than one billion active users, and half of them are facing this issue.
Today in this detailed guide we are going to explain why Instagram Camera is not working along with some easy ways to fix this issue instantly. So keep reading the post till the end.
Why is my Instagram Camera not working?
There could be several reasons that lead to Instagram Camera not working issue. These reasons are:
If the Instagram App is down
There is a possibility that the app is down when you try to access the Camera of Instagram. First, you need to find out if the problem is with you or if other people are also facing the issue. Users need to check whether Instagram is facing any Server Outages. You can even check the status by visiting the down detector website. For the unversed, Downdetector is a website that shows all the problems users have faced in the last 24 hours. So if the problem is with Instagram’s server, you will get to know it on this website.
If Camera Permission is disabled
When we installed the Instagram app on our device, it asked for Camera and other permissions. There is a possibility that you have denied the permission, so the app’s Camera is not working. Sometimes the problem can be due to the Permissions of Camera usage for Instagram being disallowed. Due to this reason, you can’t be able to access the camera of the Instagram app. To enable the Camera Permission, you need to follow these simple steps:
- First of all, go to the Settings of your device
- Tap on Apps and Notifications
- Click on All Apps.
- After that, tap on Instagram
- Go to Permissions and check if the Camera toggled on
Due to a huge load of Cache
Due to the heavy accumulation of the app, lots of temporary files affect the overall performance of the app. In that case, you need to clear Cache data occasionally.
If you are using the Older version of the app
Sometimes the older version of the app is not compatible with some devices. So you need to update your Instagram app to the latest version. Most importantly, download the latest version of the app from the Official App Store and Google Play Store only.
Other Reasons Include the following:
- There is a bug or glitch in the latest version of the Instagram App
- Unstable Internet Connection
- Some technical issues in the app
Ways to Fix Instagram Camera not Working
Fix 1>>Restart Instagram
Even though we close the app on our smartphone. Still, some of the processes keep running in the background. If the app starts crashing and some of the features do not work properly, the first thing you need to do is Force Stop and Restart the app on your Android and iPhone device. This is how you can do this:
- First of all, long press the Instagram App icon
- To open the App info, tap on i icon
- From the App Info, tap on Force Stop
- Now, reopen the Instagram app to see if the problem is solved.
- From the home screen of your iPhone, swipe up from the bottom and hold
- Now Swipe up the Instagram app
- Open the Instagram app again.
Fix 2>> Clear the Cache Data of the Instagram App
Sometimes the corrupted or outdated Cache files prevent the Instagram app from opening. It also causes some features not to work properly. To solve this problem, you need to clear the Cache data of the Instagram App. Here is how you can do it:
- First of all, long press on the Instagram app icon
- From all the options available, select App Info
- After that, tap on Storage Usage
- On the Storage Usage, tap on the Clear Cache option. This will clear all the Cache files of the app
- First of all, open the Settings app on your device
- From lots of options available, select General
- Tap on iPhone Storage.
- After that, click on Instagram.
- The App size will display the storage space occupied by Instagram. Whereas the Documents and Data info are your Cache data
- There will be two options available- Offload App or Delete App.
- Click on the Offload App option to delete the cache data
Fix 3>> Reactivate Camera Access
You may have disabled the Camera access by mistake and forgotten to enable it. You can now reactivate the Camera access for Instagram. Here’s how you can do this:
- From the home screen, long press on the Instagram icon
- From the given options, tap on the “i” icon to open the App info
- Select Permissions
- In the App Permissions menu, Tap on Camera
- Tap on either Ask every time or Access while using the app
- Close the Settings and check if the problem is fixed or not
- First of all, open the Settings app
- Tap on the Instagram app
- Check if the Camera toggle is green or not
- If not, tap on it to enable this
- Close the Settings app and return to Instagram to see if the problem is solved.
Fix 4>> Update the Instagram App.
There are chances of bugs or glitches in your current version of the Instagram app. To solve this problem, installing the latest version of the app on your Android and iPhone devices is suggested. If you already downloaded the updated version of the app, delete and reinstall the app.
Fix 5>> Restore the Device to Factory Settings
If all the methods mentioned above do not work for you, then something is probably wrong with your stock CameraAPI. So, Factory Reset is the only solution to it. However, to do this, you must first take a data backup. To do this, follow these steps:
- First of all, Open Settings
- Go to System and select Reset Options
- Select Erase All option
- Again, tap on Erase All
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Why I’m not able to able to take pictures while creating Instagram Story?
There might be several reasons, such as:
- Accessing the outdated version of the app
- Cache data and files
- Camera Permission is not enabled on Instagram
Q2: How do I update my Instagram app on my Phone?
- First, to update the app, open the Google Play Store on your device.
- In the Search bar, type Instagram
- After that, press the Update button next to the app to update Instagram
That is pretty much everything about How to fix Instagram Camera not working problem. Instagram is a wonderful application with 8oo million active monthly users and 500 Million daily active users. However, the overall working of the app completely depends on Instagram Camera, which lets you create fun-loving videos and pictures. Hope all the fixes mentioned above will solve your problem. It is recommended to Reset the device only if the problem does not solve.
Thanks for reading!! Stay Connected for more latest updates.
A tech-freak self-motivated professional that thrives on innovation and overcoming challenges. She is a trained writer and scholarship holder. Went through with writing for a lot of big media houses. Writing is her all-time favorite job. Know more about her on facebook