In this modern era, Online Gaming is ruling the whole world. You can play games on various platforms- Smartphones, PC, laptops, Gaming Consoles, and more. After a certain time of playing games on Consoles, players experience certain error codes. PS4 is not a stranger to error codes. In fact, lots of users are complaining that they are getting the PS4 Error SU-30746-0. Many Users report that this error message will be stuck on their screen and there is no way to circumvent this error message. Read on to know how to remove the PS4 error code SU-30746-0 easily in detail.
Getting errors while playing games online is very common. Due to the errors, your gaming experience gets disturbed completely. Getting assistance from Customer Care is quite a long procedure. The best part is that you can fix these issues on your own by following our troubleshooting guide.
What is PS4 Error SU- 30746-0? What does it mean? How to fix this issue? Well, we have summarized some top solutions that will help you to remove the error message. S without further delay, let us get started:
Read the error fixes of PS4 WC 34891-5 error here
Possible Reasons for PS4 Error SU- 30746-0
Errors on PS4 are really unpredictable. The PS4 Error SU-30746-0 is not a temporary one. It is not a software issue. However, it occurs if your PlayStation is experiencing some hardware problem. Usually, this error occurs on your PS4 Console when it fails to get the right update file on the system.
Major Reasons behind PS4 Error SU- 30746-0
- It may occur due to corruption of the Core System Files
- If the Console cannot update due to the system not finding the correct update file.
- Due to Outdated PS4
- Changes in the settings of PS4
How to Fix PS4 Error SU- 30746-0?
If you are a PS4 owner and struggling to resolve this issue, then you just need to follow this entire post as we have compiled the list of the best Troubleshooting methods that will solve your problem in a few minutes.
Read Easy and Quick fixes to Clear Cache on PS4 easily here
Fix 1>> Restart your PS4 device in Safe Mode
You will be surprised to know that restarting the PS4 device via Safe Mode is quite enough to get to the dashboard menu. From this Dashboard menu, it is quite simple to update the firmware. The steps to restart the PS4 device are:
- First of all, you need to Power off the PS4 Console completely.
- In order to enter the safe mode, hold the Power button until you hear 2 beep sounds. Release the button when you hear the second beep.
- Now, connect the USB cable to PS4 Controller and press the PS button to pair it.
- From the given options on the screen, Select Restart PS4. After that, press the X button. This will reboot your system in safe mode.
- This will boot your system normally. Now you will be able to update your Firmware through Dashboard.
Fix 2>> Update your Firmware Console in Safe Mode
To remove this error, it is necessary to update the firmware in Safe Mode. To do this you need a good internet connection or USB drive. You don’t lose any saved data after the updation. However, for safety, it is advised to take a backup of all your to save data and applications.
Steps to update the Firmware in Safe Mode
- Power off the Console
- First of all, download the latest available Firmware version and store it in external
- Press and hold the Power button until you hear the beep sounds.
- Release the button. Now, Connect the Controller to the Console via a USB Cable.
- Press the PS button. From the given options, choose Update System Storage and the press X button.
- Now, insert the USB Storage device and choose Update from the USB Storage Device.
- Wait! As this process takes little time.
- Reboot your device to see if the error disappears or not.
Fix 3>> Restore PS4 Settings to default in Safe Mode
As we discussed earlier, Sometimes this error occurs due to a change in the default Settings of the Controller. To resolve this issue, you need to revert back the settings to the default ones. To restore the previous Settings, you need to boot the Console.
- First of all, shut down your PS4 device completely.
- Now, press and hold the Power button until you hear a beep sound twice. This will boot your device into Safe Mode.
- Now, connect the Controller to the Console using a USB Cable. Press the PS button to pair these devices.
- From the Safe Mode options, select the Restore Default Settings Option.
- Press the X button. All the default settings will restore automatically.
Fix 4>> Format the Internal HDD
This error usually occurs due to corrupted data files. To solve this problem you should format your PS4 HDD Completely. It will fix all the problems with HDD devices and perform well.
Fix 5>> Initialize the PS4 device
If the above-mentioned methods do not work for you, take a final attempt by Initializing the PS4 device. However, this method will bring your PS4 Console to the default form. It means it will erase all of your content and you need to reinstall your system software. So it is advised to take a complete backup of all your data either on the USB drive or on the Cloud Server. After that, follow the steps given below to initialize your Console.
- First of all, completely power off your device.
- To enter Safe Mode, press and hold down the Power button until you hear two beep sounds.
- Release the button. Then, Connect your Console to the Controller via a USB Cable.
- To pair the devices together, Press the PS button.
- From the Safe Mode menu, Choose Initialize PS4
- Just wait! It will take time to reinstall your System Software.
- Restart your PS4 device and Click on the “Yes” option. After that, press the X button to confirm the Initialization process.
- Reboot your Console. This process will definitely remove the issue
Q1: What causes PS4 Error SU-30746-0?
There could be multiple reasons for it:
- Due to faulty Hardware device
- Modifications in the Default Settings
- Outdated PS4
- Due to corruption of the Core System Files
Q2: What to do if your PS4 Console freezes?
If your PS4 device freezes, you need to unplug the PS4 console from the power switch and wait for at least 5 minutes. Plug in the switch again and restart your Console. If it is still showing the error message, follow the troubleshooting methods mentioned above.
Q3: What to do if PS4 Controller can’t connect in Safe Mode?
If you are unable to connect the Gaming Console in Safe Mode, Checkout if the USB ports are working or not. You can connect to another port to check if it is working now.
Well, these are some quick fixes that you need to follow to solve PS4 Error SU-30746-0. Which method worked for you? Do let us know in the Comments section below.
If the problem still pertains, it means that you require buying new hardware to replace the current hardware on your PS4.
A tech-freak self-motivated professional that thrives on innovation and overcoming challenges. She is a trained writer and scholarship holder. Went through with writing for a lot of big media houses. Writing is her all-time favorite job. Know more about her on facebook