- Google is releasing the Chrome latest version with much-improved features.
- These features will help you to avoid security lapses.
- The latest update is now available for Android, macOS, Windows, Chrome OS.
In an official blog post, Google revealed that a new ‘zero-day exploit (CVE-2021-30563) has been discovered in Chrome. Google Issues Warning For 2 Billion Chrome Users to immediately update their application to a new improved version to combat threats.
The new version of Chrome offers an easy check-in of your settings if there are any weak or compromised passwords. If there are, you just have to click a button to go to the relevant site and provide a more secure login.
How to update Chrome to the latest version?
If you are unsure how to update Chrome to the latest version, you can do so by following these simple steps –
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the three dots icon on the top right.
- Click Update Google Chrome. If this button is not visible, that means you are on the latest version of the browser.
- Click Relaunch to update the browser.
- An alternative way to do this is to click the three dots icon and click About Google Chrome.
- Now Google Chrome will begin to update itself automatically. Once the update has been download, click Relaunch.
Update on Android
Android apps are updated automatically by default. You can check if this feature is turned on for you inside the Google Play app. Click your profile icon and tap Settings > General > Auto-update apps, then choose the network requirements for automatic updates or turn them off completely.
You can then manually update Chrome under My apps & games in Google Play. If the Google Chrome icon is among the list of pending updates, tap the Update button next to it. If it is not include in the list, the Chrome app is already up to date.