Virtual Reality is now not only limited to your headgear anymore. Oculus Quest 2 is an incredible VR encounter that is really enjoyable when buddies and family members are around you. Casting is a wonderful feature that allows you to share what you are seeing in VR with others around you. The cool thing is that you can cast it to any device be it a Laptop, Computer, Phone, or Roku TV. Readers are interested to know How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 on Roku TV.
The biggest problem is that Roku does not support Smartcast which Oculus uses. In order to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku, you first need to cast it on a smartphone and then mirror it to the Roku TV. You can even connect a Chromecast to your Roku TV to cast as well.
This makes the process of casting Oculus Quest 2 on Roku TV quite confusing and tricky to understand. If you are one of those who are facing issues while casting, then this guide is for you. This step-by-step guide will tell you how to cast Oculus Quest 2 on Roku TV. So keep reading the post till the end.
Oculus Quest 2- A Quick Overview
Oculus Quest 2 is a Virtual Reality headset developed by Facebook Reality Labs. You can run it as a Standalone headset or connect it to a Desktop Computer via USB. It is the cheaper alternative compared to other VR headsets today. Not only can you play games with your VR headset, but you can also use it for casting and streaming.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV?
Oculus Casting is supported via Chromecast. Many Smart TVs in the market arrive with built-in Chromecast, such as Sony Bravia, TCL, and more. However, if your Roku TV does not have Chromecast, you can buy one of Google’s Chromecast devices that do not cost more than $50.
After that, ensure your Roku TV and Oculus Quest 2 are connected to the same Wi-Fi Network. Oculus uses its own app to manage the Settings of VR.
- Open the Oculus app and look for the small icon resembling a TV with a Wifi Signal. It is the Cast button. Select it to start the procedure.
- Make sure the app chooses the right headset.
- In a Cast To section, several compatible devices will appear. Select your TV or Chromecast device and wait for the app to connect.
- The person using Oculus Quest 2 will receive a pop-up notification asking, “Allow headset Casting?”The user must choose Allow to start streaming. That’s it!
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 if Roku TV does not support Chromecast?
If Roku TV does not support Chromecast, you can use your Android smartphone as a source and mirror it to your Roku TV. Remember that your Oculus Quest, Smartphone, and Roku TV have a strong connection to the same Wi-Fi Network.
- First of all, turn on your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset
- Now, open the Oculus app on your Smartphone and tap on Sharing.
- Select Cast to start casting on your Smartphone.
- The next step is to create a smart Mirroring connection between your smartphone and Roku TV
- To do this, Go to the Settings of your smartphone and select Smart View
- From the list of all nearby devices, select Roku TV
- Your Roku TV will ask to confirm the connection. For this, tap on Allow and you are good to go.
Keep in mind that your Smartphone must be compatible with both devices. If it is incompatible with any of the devices, the casting will not work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Can I Cast Oculus Quest 2 to your TV with a Cable?
Definitely! You can use the cable if you don’t have an HDMI or Chromecast Connection. To do this, launch the mobile app and add a headset for the cable link option. Finally, you can wait for the transfer to complete successfully.
Q2: How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to your Computer?
To cast Oculus Quest 2 to your Computer, you need to follow these simple steps:
- First of all, open Google Chrome on your device and go to Oculus.com/Casting
- Login to your Oculus Account
- To open the Universal menu, put on your headset and press the button.
- Choose Sharing and then Cast.
- From the list of available devices, select your Computer and tap on next
- Finally, tap on Done.
Q3: How do you Cast Oculus Quest 2 to a non-smart TV?
Chromecast is a wonderful option for connecting Non-Smart TVs with Oculus Quest 2. Besides this, the Screen Mirroring app is another good option.
That’s how you can cast Oculus Quest 2 on Roku TV. Casting various Content from Oculus on your big screen will give you an amazing experience. If your headgear has an inbuilt Chromecast, broadcasting in actual time from your headpiece is simple. This guide will hopefully help you how to Connect Oculus Quest to Roku TV. Keep sharing it with your family and friends too.
Thanks for reading!! Stay Connected for more latest updates
A tech-freak self-motivated professional that thrives on innovation and overcoming challenges. She is a trained writer and scholarship holder. Went through with writing for a lot of big media houses. Writing is her all-time favorite job. Know more about her on facebook