Dying Light 2 is a highly anticipated horror game that succeeds in gaining a lot of traction from gamers worldwide. This game features an Open World Environment where players can scavenge for Supplies, Craft Weapons, and hordes of Zombies. Since Horror survival is the best enjoyed by the players, we understand how frustrating is if you aren’t able to play Dying Light 2 with your companions.
This thriller FPS game is created by Techland and is based on Zombies. This horror game is filled with secrets, dangerous weapons, and tons of enemies. However, just like other multiplayer games, this game is not away from glitches. Many players complain that they are unable to play this game with their friends.
There could be several reasons behind this issue. Many players are facing this problem, but a few of them are aware that this issue can be solved easily by applying simple fixes. Today in this detailed guide, we are going to provide you with some fixes that will solve your problem. So keep reading the post till the end:
Why Dying Light 2 Co-op is not working?
Since the launch of the game, it has become immensely popular among players. However, the game is facing several issues while connecting to the multiplayer mode. Some gamers complain that they are not able to connect to the game servers or get disconnected in the middle of the game. Some players are even getting the pop-up “Can’t join Player Session”.
First of all, you need to make sure whether you have unlocked the Dying Light 2 Co-op multiplayer or not. You need to finish the game’s prologue to unlock the Multiplayer mode. According to the support page of the game, players can’t join friends before finishing the markers of Plague.
In case your Dying Light Connection has dropped, there could be several reasons for it. These causes can include:
- Glitches in the game server
- Internet issues
- Corrupted files
- Random Errors
- Too many files
How to Fix Dying Light 2 Co-op not working?
The developers of the game are trying to fix this issue as soon as possible. Till then, you can try out the following workarounds that will definitely fix this issue immediately:
Fix 1>> Check your Internet Connection
In most cases, a slow and unstable Internet connection is the main reason behind Dying Light 2 is not working properly. It is recommended that the download speed is at least 3 Mbps. In that case, you really need to check your Internet speed. Speedtest is a popular tool that lets you test the speed of your internet. If the speed is really slow, you need to check your Internet connection. To do so, follow the steps below:
- First of all, bring all the Internet devices as close as possible
- Disconnect all the devices from the network.
- Bring a wireless Network extender
- Unplug the power cords of all your Network devices for 1 minute.
- Now use a wired ethernet connection for a faster or more stable Internet connection
Fix 2>> Restart Your Device
The simplest yet working way is to Restart your device. When you do so, all the cache and temporary glitch gets cleared, thus helping to solve most of the problems. This can be performed easily does not matter whether you are playing the game on PC, Xbox. or PlayStation. Just Restart your device and open the game again to see if the issue is solved or not.
Fix 3>> Restart the Game
If Restarting your Console or PC does not work, we recommend you try restarting the game before moving to the technical fixes. As in most multiplayer games, the problem gets solved just by restarting the game. To do so, if you are playing the game on PC, click on “Quit” within the menu and select “Yes”.
Once you quit the game, just wait for a few seconds and then relaunch the game again. Now, try to get into the Co-op mode to check whether the problem solves or not. Otherwise, move to the next solution.
Fix 4>> Update the Game Files
From time to time, developers keep on bringing the latest game patches to fix the bugs. If you are accessing the outdated game files, chances are that it may not let you access the Co-op mode of the game. So it is recommended to always check for the latest game patch files and update your game files accordingly.
Fix 5>> Remove Excess in-game Friends
If you are connected with thousands of friends within the game, possibility that the game will not work smoothly. It is recommended that you must not have a friend list of more than 300 people. Since the game is still new, developers need to work on the load capacity of the game. To remove the excess in-game friends, you need to follow the steps below:
- Open the game and look for the “Friends” option in the sidebar of the game.
- After that, tap on the Online option.
- It will show you the list of all your friends.
- Tap on the profile of the friend whom you want to remove.
Fix 6>> Check for the integrity of the game files
If the game files are corrupt or missing, the game will not work properly. So you need to scan the files with the help of inbuilt tools. The best thing is that Steam offers you an option called Verify the integrity of game files. This feature helps in scanning all your game files and fixing bugs. This is how you can verify the files with the help of the integrity option:
- First of all, launch Steam on your Windows PC. It will show you the library of all your Dying Light 2 files.
- Double-click on the game name and then tap on Properties.
- When you click on Properties, a small window will appear. Click on the Local Files option.
- After that, you will get Verify integrity of game files option.
- Just click on this option. It will check if any file is missing and load them accordingly.
Fix 7>> Refresh the Servers of the game
Let’s move to the quite technical solution of the issue. Refreshing the Servers of the game is quite a potential step that will definitely solve your issue. If you are playing the game on a console, you need to perform the following series of tasks:
- First of all, you need to disconnect the internet from the device on which you are playing the game. Make sure that at this point, the game is completely shut down (not running in the background).
- The next step is to launch the game on your Console.
- Go back to the Network Settings on your console and enable the Internet connection. This step will reconnect you to the Servers.
- After that, go to the main menu of Dying Light 2 and tap on the Options section.
- After that go to Online Options. Make sure that the game type button is set to Public.
- Finally, go back to the Find Games area to connect to other players’ games. Here you will find the list of available servers.
- Join them to see if the issue is solved or not.
If you are a fan of the Call of Duty Warzone game, but facing Error 5820, then Fixes for Call of Duty Warzone Error 5820 will definitely solve your problem.
That’s pretty much everything about how to fix the Dying Light 2 Co-op not working issue. I hope you will find this post helpful and informative. Which method works for you, do let us know in the comments section below. Keep sharing with your near and dear ones.
Thanks for reading!! Stay Connected for more latest updates
A tech-freak self-motivated professional that thrives on innovation and overcoming challenges. She is a trained writer and scholarship holder. Went through with writing for a lot of big media houses. Writing is her all-time favorite job. Know more about her on facebook