The NVIDIA GeForce Experience’s application utilizes an overlay wherein you perhaps Share your finest gaming points by capturing screenshots and documenting gameplay. However, a few customers can’t share their gameplay with that overlay due to an “unable to open share” error. That error message on occasion seems while customers click the Open in-game overlay option in GeForce Experiences.
The “not able to open Share” error manner the GeForce Experience’s overlay doesn’t function when users try and prompt it. GeForce Experience’s customers can’t seize and Share gaming moments without that overlay. right here is how you can fix/repair the “not able to open Share” errors.
Many GeForce Experience users have resolved the “unable to open Share” blunders using strolling NVIDIA Share with admin rights. Those users additionally terminated historical past NVIDIA strategies earlier than strolling share. To use this ability restore, run the NVIDIA share.exe with improved permissions and terminate history procedures as follows:
- Press Win + E and bring up this folder route in File Explorer:
- Set the NVIDIA share.exe document in that folder to always run as administrator. Our manual on continually jogging applications as an administrator on home Windows consists of commands for setting extended rights.
- Then spark off the undertaking supervisor (press Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and visit the tactics tab on that device.
- Select an NVIDIA history assignment and click quit undertaking.
- Repeat step four for all NVIDIA background techniques shown in the mission supervisor.
- Cross lower back to the NVIDIA GeForce Experience’s folder, right-click NVIDIA Share.exe, and choose Run as administrator.
- Then choose to restart (do not shut down) home windows eleven/10.
- Return to the NVIDIA share.exe document, proper-click it, and pick out Run as administrator again.
- Release GeForce Experience into peer if the “unable to open Share” error is constant.
The word that the above GeForce experience course targeted is a default one for 32-bit software. if you’ve set up GeForce experience in a distinctive listing, you’ll want to open it from there. As an example, the software may also be established at:
Download Media function p.c. for home Windows N versions
The “unable to open Share” error also occurs whilst the home Windows Media characteristic percentage isn’t always established on users’ computers. That p.c. isn’t pre-established on Windows eleven/10 N editions. The GeForce Experience’s overlay desires that function. in case your laptop has a Windows N version platform, download, and install the Media characteristic percent as follows:
- Begin the Settings app by using pressing your keyboard’s home windows emblem + I keys concurrently.
- Then click on the Apps tab.
- Click non-obligatory functions to bring up a hooked-up functions list.
- Press the View functions button.
- Input Media feature percent within the search container to locate it.
- Pick out the subsequent > installation options.
The steps for installing the equal p.c. are slightly different in Windows 10’s settings application. Click on Apps > optionally available capabilities > add a characteristic in Windows 10 Settings. Then enter the quest phrase to discover and install the Media characteristic p.c.
Strive for some primary windows Troubleshooting suggestions
If the above precise fixes didn’t work, it is time to attempt some extra widespread fixes for apps that aren’t working nicely.
Briefly flip Off Your Antivirus software program
An antivirus device on your computer is probably blocking GeForce Experience’s share (overlay) feature. So, attempt disabling Microsoft Defender or a 1/3-party antivirus software program established in your computer before clicking the GeForce Experience’s Share button.
To disable a 3rd-birthday party antivirus software, proper-click its icon inside the machine tray a part of the taskbar, and select a choice a good way to disable its protection. you could need to click on a show hidden icon (arrow) to see the application’s icon.
Reinstall GeForce Experience in
Reinstalling the GeForce experience is every other person-showed decision for the “unable to Share” blunders. you could remove the GeForce experience through the manage Panel, as mentioned in this newsletter about uninstalling programs inside Windows. Restart your laptop after uninstalling.
To reinstall, open this GeForce Experience page; click on the Download Now button, and deploy the GeForce Experience again with the use of the executable.
GeForce experiences aren’t equal when the “unable to open Share” error successfully disables considered one of its pleasant functions. The capability resolutions above will probably restore the “unable open share” errors, which allows you to restore the GeForce experience’s overlay feature. Then you may capture and Share all of your nice gaming moments again.