Instagram is the most popular Social Media Platform that provides lots of interactive features. It allows the users to follow the Accounts of friends and relatives to see their posts and Stories. You can even hide your Instagram followers from someone. If you want to hide someone’s content from your feed, Muting comes in. Muting is a feature on Instagram that allows you to mute people without unfollowing them. If you accidentally muted your loved ones or relatives and don’t know how to unmute someone on Instagram, then you arrived at the most appropriate place.
In certain situations, you need to follow someone for a particular reason, but you don’t want to see their posts altogether. Getting pop-up Notifications all the time from your least favorite person is quite annoying. In that case, it is recommended to mute them instead of unfollowing them. Later, if your mind got changes, you can unmute them easily at any time.
Today in this detailed guide we are going to share with you the ways How to Unmute Someone on Instagram in just a few clicks. So keep reading the post till the end:
Why there is a need to Mute Someone on Instagram?
Instagram is really a massive popular Social Media platform with billions of followers that are accessing the platform on daily basis. One of the most trending features of Instagram is to Pin someone’s Comment on Instagram that you find more relevant. Several people Use Instagram to grow their Businesses. There are several reasons to mute someone on Instagram. You can mute the person if you get annoyed by the frequent and rubbish posts of someone and want to clean up your Instagram feed to see more posts that you actually want to see. If you got irritated by the Person’s content then muting them is one of the best options.
How to Unmute Someone on Instagram in 2023?
There are multiple ways to unmute someone on Instagram. We are going to share the methods here:
- First of all, open the Instagram app and visit the Profile section of the person whom you want to unmute.
- There you will see two options- Following and Message. Click on the Following option.
- Now, Click on the Mute Option.
- There you will see two options- Posts and Stories. If these options are already active, the toggle will appear blue. If both these options are active, then deactivate them.
- First of all open the Instagram app and tap on Profile Page.
- After that, tap on the following option.
- Here you will see the list of all People you have followed.
- Now, look for the user you have muted
- Once you find the muted person, tap on the three vertical dots next to its name.
- When you click on Vertical dots, you we see a Mute option. Tap on it.
- After that, you will see two options- Stories and Posts. If these options are active, deactivate them.
Method 3rd: Unmuting Someone through the Messages
You can also Unmute any person via Messages by following the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, click on the Arrow icon in the upper Right Corner.
- After that, click on a Chat with the person you want to unmute.
- Tap on the Person’s name at the Apex of the Chat
- Finally, turn the toggle on to unmute the person.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What does it mean If you Mute someone on Instagram?
If you mute someone on Instagram, that person will not be able to see your posts in their feed. Similarly, you will not be able to see theirs.
Q2: Is there any way to know if I am muted or not?
At the time of writing, there is no specific way to find out whether you are muted or not.
Q3: Does the person gets a Notification when you mute/unmute them?
Not at all! Instagram does not notify the person when you mute or unmute them. So you can Mute the irritating guy at any time.
Q4: How to Unmute Instagram Story?
To unmute any IG Story on Instagram, follow the steps below:
- First of all, hold the Story you wish to Unmute
- Click on “Unmute Story”
Q5: How can you View Muted Instagram Accounts?
To view all the muted IG Accounts, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, open the Instagram app and head over to your Profile.
- Now, click on the Privacy option and tap on the Muted Accounts option.
- It will display all the Accounts that have been muted.
- Scroll down to see whether you have muted their Posts, Stories, or both.
- Now tap on the IG Account that you want to unmute and visit their Profile.
- Tap on the Following option.
- Finally, click on the Mute option and toggle it off. That’s it!
Q6: Can I Unmute Someone via Computer?
Sadly, there is no way to unmute any IG Account via your Computer or Laptop. You can only mute or unmute any Instagram Account through the mobile application.
Well, that’s all about How to Unmute Someone on Instagram. Muting is definitely a useful feature that lets you take a break from someone’s posts and Stories without unfollowing them. Once the Account is unmuted, you will be able to see their posts and Stories. I hope you will find this post helpful and informative. Still, any doubt, feel free to reach out to us with your queries via the Comments box. Keep sharing the post with your friends and relatives.
Thanks for reading!! Stay Connected for more latest updates
A tech-freak self-motivated professional that thrives on innovation and overcoming challenges. She is a trained writer and scholarship holder. Went through with writing for a lot of big media houses. Writing is her all-time favorite job. Know more about her on facebook