- Instagram rolled out a new security feature for users whose accounts have been hacked.
- Instagram is also introducing two-factor authentication via WhatsApp.
- The ‘Security Checkup’ feature will help users add an extra layer of protection.
One more super exciting feature is added to the list of Instagram. Instagram has launched a new feature called Security Checkup that will guide people, whose accounts may have been hacked, through the steps needed to secure them.
You just need to update your app to take the experience of this feature. This update is currently available for both iOS and Android users. This includes checking login activity, reviewing profile information, confirming the accounts that share login information, and updating account recoveries contact information such as phone number or email.
- Enable two-factor authentication: Instagram recommends users use a 2FA app. It says that, in the coming weeks, Instagram users in selected countries will be able to protect their account using a WhatsApp number;
- Update phone number and email: Make sure your phone number and email are updated. This data lets the user recover the account even if the information has been changed by a hacker, according to Instagram.
- Enable Login Request: Alongside the Security Checkup, Instagram also says that when you set up two-factor authentication on the app, you’ll receive an alert whenever someone tries to log in to your account from a device or web browser you don’t recognize
The company said in a blog post:
“Make sure that the email and phone numbers associated with your device are up to date. That way if something happens to your account, we can reach you. These steps let you recover your account even if your info has been changed by a hacker.”
“Over the past few months, we’ve seen a rise in malicious accounts DM people to try and access sensitive information like account passwords.” You can enable two-factor using your phone number, or an authenticator app like Duo Mobile or Google Authentication; the social network said in a statement.
Thanks for Reading!!