Hey content creators, confused about Instagram Reels Vs TikTok Vs Youtube Shorts? if you are also stuck between various platforms like TikTok, Youtube shorts, or Instagram reels and one question is boggling your minds continuously that which one is better? then you are on the right platform as we are going to give you a complete rundown of the basic differences between the three that will help you to decide which platform will suit you best.
Well, recently on March 18, youtube played its biggest trick to attract more and more content creators. They introduced Youtube shorts that becomes a competitor in line with TikTok and Instagram reels. Like its competitors, it also allows users to create short video content, edit them, record, and share on Youtube to connect with almost 2 billion users. This short video is of 60 seconds duration and here also you get a variety of music to remix with your videos.
The year 2021 has been a remarkable year as it faced many ups and downs in terms of social media space. Right now, what viewers are more interested in – is short videos. In the fast-paced lives, no one has much time to watch longer videos, so the platforms like Instagram reels, TikTok, and youtube shorts are getting immense popularity.
But you don’t have to worry as we are here with a detailed description to know which is better among Instagram Reels Vs TikTok Vs Youtube Shorts.
Instagram Reels Vs TikTok Vs Youtube Shorts
Initially, this concept was introduced by TikTok only but later after its ban in some countries, other platforms came to encash the same popularity level. So now the competition between TikTok, Instagram Reels, and Youtube shorts is all-time high right now.
Today the youngsters have shifted to new platforms from traditional social media platforms. Social media has seen a new revolution.
So, this competition between Instagram Reels Vs TikTok Vs Youtube Shorts is getting fierce every day. So it is becoming very tough for all marketers to know which platform is best for promoting their brands. Well, nobody knows this answer completely. The reason is obvious that all the users or marketers have different audiences and customers. So to identify the right customer and platform needs detailed research or hypothesis in order to know which platform will truly reflect the ideologies of the brand.
Difference- 1: Launch date
Actually, Tiktok was the very first platform that comes with this short video idea and was recognized by massive viewers. It was backed by a Chinese tech conglomerate. This app was first launched in 2016 in china and then it spread its wings towards Asia.
Then slowly it reaches western markets as well. So the year 2017 came, when Bytedance bought an app known as Music.ly so that they can get western users as well. they followed a very smart approach and integrated the social media influencers and marketing by bridging the gaps between them.
This has resulted in making the app one of the most successful and most downloaded app since 2019 with almost 96% YoY growth.
On March 18, Youtube shorts makes their first appearance. They also introduced a Youtube shorts fund that promises about $100 million to all the creators who create exciting and interesting clips.
Difference- 2: Stats
To take your brand on a global level, you first need to know the reach of the platform, so here is the complete data for you :
- If we talk about likes, then almost two-thirds of TikTok users have liked a video in the last 30 days.
- Almost 50% of Tiktok users have commented on another’s video in the last month.
- Almost 75% of US teenagers and adults are active on TikTok.
- Out of the complete 100% users, 60% are female tiktokers.
- Tiktok present si als very wide. It is approximately in 150 countries and it is not just present there in fact also acts as placed in the list of 25 most used apps of the countries in almost 139 countries.
Instagram Reels stats
Instagram Reels has just come a long way. Its facts are also surprising. In just a short span of time, its stats are also eye-opening. let us have a look at them ;
If we talk about Brazil only, when reels were introduced on Instagram, it increases its users by 4 times. Similarly, India also witnessed the same type of growth in the number of users on Instagram.
When NBA started suing reels, they witnessed a 22% hike in their reels content which they never experienced before.
YouTube Shorts stats
Difference 3: Tools
- Tiktok is primarily based on music and remix. It is the uppermost feature in Tiktok. This app provides an extensive library of audio tracks so that users can mix them with their stories.
- The hashtag challenges are very much popular on Tiktok. Usually, the written content is given the least priority here on Tiktok. So hashtags are one of the greatest tools to find content online.
- Moreover, TikTok is consistently working on its new audio and video effects. its filters get refresh every other day. It provides unique ways to present your content.
Instagram Reels tools
- Instagram Reels allows users to pick any audio clip from its huge music library to attach them to your video content.
- Here content creators get full liberty on applying any number of effects or augmented reality filters on their video content.
- One more exciting tool Reels provide is that here any number of times you can resume or pause within a single video to tell your story. You can also add multiple small clips together to make up the full video.
YouTube Shorts tools
- Youtube shorts allow its content creators with the format of a short that can automatically add captions to the clips of users.
- Here you get the facility to record a video for up to 60 seconds.
- Also, content creators if want, can add video clips from their phone’s gallery with the content they have been filming straight away.
- Color correction is also an outstanding tool added with basic filters. Youtube shorts even announced many new filters and effects that are going to be introduced very soon.
Youtube shorts and Instagram reels have many similarities. As both apps are accessible anywhere. whereas Tiktok is banned in many places. Both apps have immense popularity and allow users to use any audio track from their song libraries. Whether you want to add text, filters, or change the speed of videos, everything is possible with it. the only difference between these two is that If you are recording a video on Youtube shorts itself then it can be a maximum of 15 seconds, but users can upload a video of 60 seconds.
Whereas Instagram reels allow maximum video time to be 30 seconds no matters recorded or uploaded.
Also, youtube shorts don’t allow augmented reality filters which are the best part of Instagram reels.
So if we conclude while considering all mentioned types, TikTok is indeed best, but due to some privacy concerns, some countries have banned it. so we are left with two options – Reels and shorts. So in my opinion, Reels is best right now. Although shorts allow users t upload longer videos, still the layout and everything is much better of Reels as compared to shorts.
Found informative, then share it maximum with your friends and family.
Thanks for reading 🙂