After the launch of the iPhone 13 Pro models with 120Hz ProMotion, it became clear that most third-party app animations were limited to 60Hz and were unable to take advantage of the 120Hz maximum refresh rate of the new devices. At the time, Apple said there was a Core Animation bug that would be fixed in a later update. Apple appears to be addressing the Core Animation issue in the iOS 15.4 beta.
The new iOS 15.4 update fixes one of the most annoying iPhone 13 bugs. iOS 15.4 will bring an update to Apple’s facial recognition technology, which will enable users to unlock iPhone with Face ID even if they are wearing a mask. The feature can be enabled after switching on the iPhone with iOS 15.4 by toggling to the option “Use Face ID with a mask” under Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
Apart from Face ID with mask for iOS 15.4, the Cupertino-based giant has also brought the ability to copy text from objects using the camera straight from the Notes and Reminders apps. Universal control allows users to use their iPad and Mac computer together with better sync and for improved productivity. This allows users to use a single keyboard and mouse or trackpad between iPad and MacBook, if they own both and want to use them simultaneously.
How to Install iOS 15.4 Beta 1?
- Go to Apple’s beta software portal from your phone’s Safari browser and agree to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Under the “Get Started” subheading, select “Register Your iOS Device” if you haven’t already registered it.
- Once you’ve signed in, scroll down to a reminder to make sure you’ve backed up your phone’s content in case you need to go back to a previous state.
- Keep scrolling down until you find a button that says “Download Profile,” then tap on it. A warning will appear saying that the website is downloading a configuration profile. Select “Allow.” A popup will appear stating that you can set up the new profile from the Settings app.
- Open the Settings app. A new section called “Downloaded Profile” should be added near the top. Select it, and you will have access to the beta software download.
- Select “Install” in the upper right corner. You will need to re-enter your password and agree to the usual very long consent statement by tapping “Install” once more.
- You may need to restart your phone for the profile to activate.
Thanks for Reading!!